LG Velvet, the reason for LG’s popularity this year in the Smartphone industry is now getting bootloader unlock support. It is a uniquely designed smartphone with an amazing back finish. And another exciting feature of the phone is the redesigned Velvet UI that LG is now pushing on its other devices. If you own this device then you will be happy to know that you can now unlock the bootloader. Here you will know how to root LG Velvet and how to unlock bootloader on LG Velvet.
LG does not allow many phones to unlock bootloader but there are some models that are officially allowed to unlock bootloader. And luckily the latest LG Velvet also joins the list. Now let’s see some main highlights of the LG Velvet. The device features a big 6.8-inch display with U shaped notch. It runs on Android 10 OS out of the box for the latest features. LG Velvet packs 5G based Snapdragon 765G processor for future proof performance.
The phone comes with a triple rear camera st back which is aligned vertically and separately along with LED Flash. It makes it attractive and unique and there is no camera bump on it. The camera setup includes 48MP + 8MP + 5MP camera sensor. At the front, it has a 16MP selfie shooter. These features are enough to buy this phone if someone is looking for a mid-range phone. But now there is one more reason to buy as you can try custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, and Root access. In this guide, we will help you to root along with the LG Velvet Bootloader guide.
How to Root LG Velvet
LG Phones do not receive a big amount of development but if you want to get advanced features that are only available in custom ROMs. Then rooting is the best option that we can choose. Rooting allows us to control or operate our phones without any restrictions. It means you can install any apps on your device.
So if you want to root your phone then this guide will be all you need to follow. But before you proceed with rooting steps make sure to unlock the bootloader of LG Velvet. If you don’t know the process then you can follow the below guide.
LG Velvet Unlock Bootloader
Only a few LG phones are officially allowed to unlock bootloader and now they are adding the majority of the devices. It is a good step as there are a lot of users who buy phones according to the custom development that a device receives. So it is one of the factors that can get you to buy or not buy the buy. LG has recently added a few European models of LG Velvet so make sure to check if your device is on the list.
LG VELVET: LMG900EM/LMG900EMW/LMG900EMX/LMG900D for the European market
If your device is on the list then you can unlock the bootloader of your LG Velvet.
Once you have unlocked bootloader of LG Velvet then your phone is ready for the next step. Bootloader is included in all the Android phones as a security purpose that restricts users from modifying their phones. And because it is now unlocked you can easily modify it without any problem. Start the process by following the given requirements.
- Unlock the Bootloader of LG Velvet
- Take a full backup of phone’s data
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download & Install Magisk Manager on your Phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download LG Velvet firmware (Same version that you are using)
Steps to Boot LG Velvet into Download Mode
- Open Settings and go to the General option on your phone.
- Then go to About Phone > Software Information.
- Find Build Number and tap on it 7 times, it will show “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to Settings > General Option.
- Scroll down below and open Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable USB Debugging. Also, make sure Enable OEM Unlock is turned on.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Go to locations C:\adb and press Shift + Right click and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the following command and then allow USB Debugging on your phone
- Now enter the following command to boot into bootloader mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in bootloader mode, you are set to root the device.
Steps to Root LG Velvet with Magisk
- Extract the boot image file from the LG Velvet firmware and copy it to your phone storage.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- In the app, click on Install > Install.
- Then in the next screen choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ and select the boot image file from the phone storage.
- It will start patching the file and the output will be saved to the Download folder (maybe with name magisk_patched.img).
- Copy the patched boot file to your computer (in C:\adb location). And rename the file to boot.img. If you have macOS or Linux then use the Platform Tools folder instead of C:\adb.
- In the same location press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Boot your phone into Download/Bootloader Mode and connect the phone to PC using USB cable.
- Enter the below command to flash patched boot image
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After installing the Magisk on your phone, reboot it to the system.
- Now you have the rooted LG Velvet.
After rebooting your phone you can check for the Root access using Magisk Manager or third party apps. Rooting will let you remove ads from your device with the help of advanced Ad-blockers. You will also have access to remove pre-installed apps that you don’t use. Apart from this, you can also install the Xposed Framework which will allow users to get custom Xposed Modules for customization.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root LG Velvet and how to unlock bootloader of LG Velvet. For more LG related guides stay connected to YTECHB and enjoy amazing tips and tricks. And if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.
Related to LG: