Magisk v19.0 and Magisk Manager v7.1.1 APK are now available to download. Topjohnwu who is a Magisk developer has released the Magisk beta with many new features and supports. Here you can download Magisk v19.0 and Magisk Manager v7.1.1. Latest Magisk comes with supports to Android Q.
If you use Magisk for systemless root then you are definitely going to like all the new features of latest Magisk v19.0. As of now, Topjohnwu has released the beta version and within a few days of testing the stable version will also be released. If you are new to Magisk then below you will know about Magisk.
What is Magisk?
Magisk is the tool used to root Android phone systemless. It is the better alternative of SuperSU. To manage the root access and system settings Magisk Manager is used after installing Magisk Zip. It doesn’t modify or change system partition of any phone. The big advantage of rooting any phone with Magisk is that Payment Apps like Google Pay works even after the Root. So if you want to root your phone with various features to control your device then Magisk is the best option.
Here are the changelogs of the new Magisk v19.0 and Magisk Manager v7.1.1.
Magisk 19.0 & Magisk Manager 7.1.1 – Changelogs
- [General] Remove usage of magisk.img
- [General] Add 64 bit magisk binary for native 64 bit support
- [General] Support A only system-as-root devices that released with Android 9.0
- [General] Support non EXT4 system and vendor partitions
- [MagiskHide] Use Zygote ptracing for monitoring new processes
- [MagiskHide] Targets are now per-application component
- [MagiskInit] Support Android Q (no logical partition support yet!)
- [MagiskPolicy] Support Android Q new split sepolicy setup
- [MagiskInit] Move sbin overlay creation from main daemon post-fs-data to early-init
- [General] Service scripts now run in parallel
- [MagiskInit] Directly inject magisk services to init.rc
- [General] Use lzma2 compressed ramdisk in extreme conditions
- [MagicMount] Clone attributes from original file if exists
- [MagiskSU] Use ACTION_REBOOT intent to workaround some OEM broadcast restrictions
- [General] Use skip_mount instead of auto_mount: from opt-in to opt-out
- Support the new module format
- Support per-application component granularity MagiskHide targets (only on v19+)
- Ask for fingerprint before deleting rules if enabled
- Fix the bug that causes repackaging to lose settings
- Several UI fixes
Check the Previous Version: Download Magisk v18.1 and Magisk Manager v7.0.0
Download Magisk v19.0
All credit goes to the Magisk developer “Topjohnwu” and if you like his work then you can thank him on twitter, Github, XDA. As of now, beta version is available and when the stable version will release we will update the download link. Download Magisk beta from below link.
After downloading the Magisk zip file you can flash it to root. And to un-root, you can flash the Magisk uninstaller.
Download Magisk Manager v7.1.1
Latest Magisk Manager supports Magisk v19.0 and it will also support the next upcoming Magisk as well. It also comes with Android Q support and other new features.
You can install the Magisk Manager after flashing Magisk to manage root access and various modules.
Important: If Magisk and Magisk Manager are already installed, then you don’t need to download the latest version from here. You can directly use the Magisk Manager to download and install both Magisk & Magisk Manager.
How to Install Magisk v19.0 on any Android Phone
If you have older Magisk and Magisk Manager installed on your phone, then open the Magisk Manager and download both the latest Magisk & Magisk Manager. And if you haven’t installed older Magisk and Magisk Manager then use the below guide to install Magisk v19.0 on any Android device using TWRP Recovery.
- A custom recovery should be installed on your phone (TWRP recommended)
- Take a full backup of your device (just in case)
- Charge your phone to at least 40%
- Download and transfer Magisk Zip to phone storage
Install Magisk on Android Phone
- Completely power off your device.
- Boot into custom recovery using shortcut buttons (shortcut button depends on the phone so first Google it).
- In Recovery go to Install and locate Magisk v19.0.zip and flash it.
- It will take few seconds to install, so wait for the process.
- Go back to TWRP home and now go to Reboot > System.
- That’s all, you have successfully installed Magisk v19.0 and rooted your phone.
The next thing you have to do is install latest Magisk Manager on your phone. Use the below guide.
How to Install Magisk Manager v7.1.1 on Android Phone
- Download latest Magisk Manager 7.1.1 Apk on your phone.
- Click on downloaded Magisk Manager apk and allow access if it asks.
- Click on Install and then finish.
- Now open Magisk Manager and check if it shows two right tick. And if it shows then it means you have successfully installed both Magisk zip and Magisk Manager on your phone.
Now you can use Magisk Manager to manage root access and modules. You can use Magisk hide to hide root access for particular apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some FAQs regarding latest Magisk by topjohnwu:
Q: Does it work on old Magisk Managers?
A: No, v7.1.0+ is required for the app to recognize and properly download the new format.
Q: Does it only support v19.0?
A: No, if you replace update-binary with the official scripts, it supports down to v17.0.
Q: Am I required to use the function callback APIs in install.sh?
A: Yes. Since update-binary will always be replaced with the latest module_installer.sh, you have to strictly follow the API defined in install.sh, or else your module won’t install.
Q: Am I allowed to use old template format?
A: No. Although old installers still works just fine, It is because modules to benefit from the advantages of the new format. New submissions only accepts the new format, and existing modules have to upgrade before 5/1/2019.
So that’s all about the latest Magisk v19.0 and Magisk Manager v7.1.1. If you have already updated to Magisk 19.0 then let us know what you think about it? I hope this guide was helpful for you. And if you have any download or install problem then let us know in the comment section and we will reply with solution as soon as possible.