Want to uninstall Chinese System Apps that come by default on your phone? If yes then this guide is all that you need. Here in this guide, we will share an effective method to uninstall Chinese Apps from Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo, & Oppo Phones. This guide is applicable also for apps that come with phones by default.
The Indian government has recently banned 59 Chinese Apps (TikTok, ShareIt, Clean Master, etc.) amid the tension between India and China. Earlier we saw that many Chinese Apps alleged for the data theft and security breach. And due to all this now users are losing their trust in Chinese Apps. After the recent ban on 59 Chinese Apps in India people are also uninstalling and removing other Chinese Apps.
As we know more than 50% of smartphones are made in China and we also get many Chinese Apps pre-installed on these phones. And when you try to uninstall, you will not get the option for it. So, what if you want to remove all Chinese Apps from Xiaomi, Realme, and other Chinese vendors? Well, you can uninstall it by following this guide.
Remove Chinese Apps from Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo, & Oppo Phones
In India, people are urging to boycott Chinese products amid rising tension between India and China. But for most users who own Chinese phones may not be able to directly switch because of affordability. But if you want to remove Chinese Apps like Clean Master, then you can easily uninstall pre-installed Chinese Apps without root.
All system apps that come pre-installed on Chinese phones can not be removed directly. Even if you go to App Settings you will not find the Uninstall option. By default, we only get the option to disable apps. But do not worry as here we will help you to remove Chinese Apps from Chinese phones.
We will use the ADB method to uninstall Chinese apps like Clean Master from Chinese phones. And the important point to note that it doesn’t need root access. So any user with an Android phone can follow this method to remove Chinese Apps.
For easy understanding, we will split the guide into various short methods so you can follow them one by one. We will start by finding the package name of the Chinese app that you want to remove or uninstall from your phone.
Find Package Name of Apps
- Open the Play Store on your Android Phone.
- Now install the Package Name app on your phone.
- Open the Package viewer app.
- It will list all the apps along with their package names.
- Now check package name (eg. com.caf.fmradio) of Apps that you want to uninstall and note it down somewhere for convenience.
Once you have the package name of all apps that you want to uninstall, then you can proceed to the next section. We need the package name as adb command doesn’t recognize apps by their names.
Now you need to enable USB Debugging which allows us to interact with our phone using a computer through adb commands. So, let’s check the guide.
Enable USB Debugging on Android Phone
- Open Settings of your phone.
- Go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times on Build Number and it will display ‘You are now a developer’. You can also directly search for Build Number.
- Now go back to the main Settings and then move to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, scroll down and enable USB Debugging.
- If you can’t find it, then search for USB Debugging in Settings.
Now you have USB Debugging enabled on your phone, and you are all set for the final phase of uninstalling Chinese Apps. So let’s get into the final method.
Steps to Uninstall Pre-installed Chinese Apps without Root
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. And it will prompt for debugging permission on your phone so allow it.
- Open Command or CMD window on your computer and enter the below command.
- If it triggers for permission then give it. If it doesn’t ask for permission it will display some id on the command window.
- Now enter the below command to enter shell window
- Now type the below command with the package name of the app that you want to uninstall. Make sure to enter package name (eg. com.caf.fmradio) in place of packagename
pm uninstall -k --user 0 packagename
- Enter the above command one by one by changing the package name to uninstall system apps one by one.
Following this process, you can easily uninstall Chinese system apps without root. Not only Chinese Apps, but you can also follow the same method for other Apps. Uninstalling junk apps have many advantages like reducing the battery and RAM consumption. Also, it gives a clean and refreshing UI.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to uninstall Chinese Apps from Chinese phones without root. And in case if you have any issues or are unable to uninstall apps, then let us know in the comment section.