Huawei is among the top smartphone brand along with its sub brand Honor. Both Huawei and Honor phones come with the ability for customization where we can apply themes and various fonts. But if you want to install custom fonts, then you have to follow a different method. Here you will know how to change or apply fonts on Huawei Phones and Honor phones.
Huawei smartphones are known for the best camera performance among the other Android smartphone brands. After the China & US conflict, Android banned Huawei from featuring the Android OS on their phones. But Huawei provides all the Android features so that its users don’t feel much change coming from Android. Huawei phones that released before the ban will still get support, so this guide will work with all Huawei and Honor Phones. Also you can get GMS on Huawei phones manually.
Huawei & Honor phones come with its own EMUI that which has more functions and customization options. It includes Themes, Status Bar options, and more. You can also change fonts on your device. But in case if the font that you like is not present in Themes and you have the font file, then here you get to know how to apply custom fonts on Honor/Huawei phones. We will also share the list of some custom fonts that you can install on your Huawei phone. It works for most of the Huawei and Honor devices, including the latest phones.
How to Apply Custom Fonts on Huawei Phones
If you have a phone like Huawei P20, Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Huawei Y7, Y9s, and other Huawei phones, then you can easily set Custom fonts using this guide. It is easy to change custom fonts if you have the htf custom font file. We will also share the method to convert the standard font file to htf font file.
How to Enable Custom Fonts
In this section, we will share how you can enable support for custom fonts on Huawei phones. This is the first step to start with if you want to install custom fonts on your Huawei/Honor phone.
- First, download the Enabler apk from this link. You can also use Tweaker for Huawei app for this.
- Now install the app on your phone. It may ask to allow apps from unknown sources, so allow it.
- Open the App on your Huawei or Honor phone.
- In the Font Enabler app, select ‘Click to Enable Fonts’.
- When you turn on the custom font, it will show Enabled status.
- Now reboot your phone.
After enabling the custom font on Huawei and Honor phones, you can move to the next method, which is to convert font file to htf.
How to convert zip font to htf font
You can easily get custom fonts in zip format, but Huawei and Honor phones support htf fonts, so we have first convert it to the supported format.
- Install a good file explorer like Super Explorer, File Commander, etc.
- Open the file explorer and copy the custom font zip file to your phone.
- Now go to the location where you copied the font file.
- Now rename the custom font zip file to htf file (eg. opensans.zip to opensans.htf).
- Remember the location of the converted htf font, as you will need it to apply the font.
Now that you have enabled custom font support and also you have the htf file, so let move to our final method to get the custom font on your Huawei phone.
How to Install Custom Fonts on Huawei & Honor Phones
- Open File Explorer on your Huawei Phone.
- Copy the converted htf font file to local > internal Storage > huawei > themes.
- Now the font will appear on the list so open Settings and go to Display > Text Style.
- In the Text Style, you can choose the custom font.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the custom font on Huawei or Honor phones.
Huawei phones come with powerful hardware, and with proper tweaks, you can make it a beast that can easily leave other flagship phones behind. It comes with a lot of customization options that give an extra edge to its performance.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to apply custom fonts on Huawei phones and Honor phones. If you have any questions regarding Huawei phones & its guides, let us know in the comment section.