Huawei is one of the leading Smartphone companies with some popular devices like Huawei P30, Honor series and more. After the US-China trade war, the Huawei lost connection with Google. Then Huawei announced its Custom OS called Harmony OS which doesn’t have Google Apps in it. But it doesn’t matter which OS you have installed on your phone. Because the bloatware will be pre-installed in each case. But you can remove unnecessary apps from your Huawei phone by using this guide. Here you will know How to Debloat Huawei Phones.
If you have a rooted phone then you can easily uninstall any apps from your phone. But rooting a Huawei phone is itself a challenge. It is because Huawei doesn’t allow unlocking bootloader on their phone but it is possible in some Honor phones. Even though we can’t root Huawei phones, we can still remove system apps without losing any data.
There are many reasons to remove bloatware and no reason to keep it. These are the junk apps that eat up space and battery. The bloated apps like default Browser, pre-installed games, and others. Let’s dive into the guide to remove bloatware.
How to Debloat Huawei Phones
Just like Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo, Huawei phones also come with some pre-installed apps which we don’t use. And the presence of those apps doesn’t make any sense. It takes huge space on the device and also decreases the performance. It also drains battery faster and so removing unused apps will help you a lot. To uninstall system apps on Huawei phones you need to find out the package name of the app you want to uninstall. It’s very easy to find package name using a third-party app.
Steps to Check Package Name of Android Apps
If you have not updated to Harmony OS then you can use the app given below. And if you are using Harmony OS then you might need another app. However, we have listed the package name of most apps that come on Huawei phones.
- Download and install the Package Name Viewer 2.0 app on your phone.
- After installing the Package Viewer app open it.
- Then switch to System Apps section to find the package name of pre-installed apps.
- Now check package name (eg. com.caf.fmradio) of Apps that you want to uninstall and note it down somewhere for convenience.
If you can’t find the app to check the package name then you can follow the below list. Thanks to letschky for the list of package names.
Package Name List:
com.huawei.android.launcher (you need an another Launcher before uninstall the Huawei Stock Launcher!!!)
Find out the package name of apps that you want to uninstall from above list.
Note: Do not uninstall an app that can affect the device. There are some apps which can make device misbehave if you install them. Apps like bluetooth, launcher, network, fingerprint and other.
How to Uninstall System Apps from Huawei Phone (without Root)
Once you have the package name of apps then follow the below steps to remove bloatware from Huawei phone.
- First, install the ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now go to System > About Phone in Settings.
- In About Phone, tap about 7-8 times on Build Number to enable developer options.
- Now go back to System and then go to Developer Options.
- Then scroll to the debugging section and enable USB Debugging.
- After enabling usb debugging, connect your phone to computer via USB cable. It will ask for the permission on your phone, so click on Allow.
- Now open the command window CMD on your computer and enter the below command.
- The above command will display some id it means your device is connected. Then enter the below command.
- Now type the below command with the package name of the app that you want to uninstall. Make sure to enter package name (eg. com.huawei.browser) in place of the package name
pm uninstall -k --user 0 packagename
- Enter the above command one by one by changing the package name to uninstall system apps one by one.
That’s all now you have removed all unwanted apps from your Huawei phone. After removing apps reboot your device once and then you will notice free space and better ram management. Battery life will also increase, so removing bloated apps from any phone are really helpful for a better experience. And for this, you don’t need to root your phone at all.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to debloat Huawei phones. This method works for all Huawei phones including Honor devices. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.