Android 10 is the latest version of Android and it comes with a lot of amazing features like new navigation gestures, enhanced security settings and more. But when it comes to customizing it doesn’t have many options. It leads users to root their devices to get advance customization options. But Android 10 and Android 9 doesn’t support some of the apps and framework like Xposed which is the best framework for customization. So if you are missing Xposed on your device and want to run on your rooted phone. Then here you will get to know how to install Xposed Framework on Android 10.
Xposed is a popular framework and everyone likes it because it supports tons of Modules for customization and better performance. But the only drawback of the framework is that it doesn’t work on the latest Android OS but this doesn’t mean you can’t use modules. Everything has a workaround method and there is also a workaround to install Xposed on Android 10 and install Xposed modules. After this guide, you will be using great Xposed modules like Gravity box, Greenify, Navbar and more.
Rooting any phone doesn’t make any sense if you are not taking its benefits and customizing is the root cause for rooting any device. To run the Xposed modules on your rooted Android phone running on Android 9 or Android 10 then this guide all you need. So if you decide to install amazing Xposed modules follow the below guide.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android 10
Xposed provides a platform on Android OS to install any modules that you like. There are tons of Modules available which support Xposed. But as you know the Xposed framework can not be installed directly by flashing through custom recovery. There is an alternate method to get Xposed working without any issue. It can be done using EdXposed which works great on phones running on Android 9 or Android 10.
If you have used Xposed earlier, then you must be familiarized that it requires root access. So first make sure that your phone is rooted. Below we have added prerequisites that you have to follow before the installation steps.
- Make sure Magisk and Magisk Manager is installed on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone to restore if anything goes out of the plan
- Download Magisk Riru Core zip
- Download EdXposed Sandhook and EdXposed YAHFA
- Download EdXposed Installer
Steps to Install Xposed on Android 10
Once you have all the files listed in prerequisite it means you are good to go. So proceed below steps to install Xposed on your Android 10 device.
- Copy all the downloaded files to your phone storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager app on the phone and click on three bars on the top left.
- Now click on Modules and click on ‘+’ sign to add the Riru core module.
- After the ‘+’ button, locate and select the Magisk Riru core zip file that you downloaded earlier.
- The Riru core module will now install on your phone. When it is installed go back (don’t select reboot).
- Now again click on the ‘+’ button and this time locate the EdXposed YAHFA module to install it.
- Once both modules are installed click on Reboot and wait for the device to boot into the system again.
- Open file explorer and go to the folder where the EdXpose installer is present. Install the EdXposed installer and open the app after installing it.
- In Xposed, it will show green if it is activated. If it doesn’t show green then remove both modules from magisk and uninstall installer. And then again follow procedure till 8th step but this time install the EdXposed Sandbox module in place of YAHFA.
- When the installer shows green, it means you have successfully installed Xposed on your Android 10 device.
If the device is bricked then you need to delete module files (riru-core & riru_edxposed). The file will be available to location data > adb > Modules. To delete both files reboot to custom recovery and go to Advanced > File Manager and locate files. If you don’t have a custom recovery then you can try with ADB commands.
Must Check | How to Install Xposed Framework on Android Pie
Install Xposed Modules on Android 10
After installing the Xposed framework you are good to install Xposed Modules. Below we have added a guide to install modules.
- First download the Module that you want to install on your phone like GravityBox(Android 10), Instaprefs, Xtadia, Tweeks, Adblocker or other.
- Copy the module to your phone storage.
- Make sure the Xposed Framework is active and working (It should show green in EdXposed installer).
- Install the Module apk on your phone.
- After installing the module apk, open the EdXposed installer and click on three bars in the top left.
- Go to Modules and there you will find the Module that you installed in the last step. But it is not active right now. So click on the box to mark check.
- Then Reboot your device and the Module will start working.
You can also download Xposed modules directly from the EdXposed Installer. Or you can download Modules from the Xposed repository and install using the above method.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to install Xposed on Android 10 including how to install Xposed Modules. And in case if you have any questions on your mind let us know in the comment section.