Here we are going to share a guide on how to root Realme X3. This guide will also work with other X3 series phones. Realme may not have a good history when it comes to custom development support. But with increasing Realme brand popularity it is also attracting custom developers. It means we are going to see more custom ROMs and recoveries for Realme phones. This guide will be focused on Realme X3 SuperZoom. We will also share how to unlock bootloader on Realme X3 SuperZoom.
Realme X3 SuperZoom released recently with an amazing rear camera that has a powerful zoom feature. It is a mid-range phone but still gives a strong competition to flagship phones cameras. Now if we talk about its specifications then the device comes with Android 10 based Realme UI OS out of the box. It features a big 6.6-inch FHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The Realme X3 SuperZoom comes with last year’s flagship Snapdragon 855+ processor.
The main spotlight of this device is its camera setup. It has a quad rear camera setup which includes a main 64MP sensor along with 8MP+8MP+2MP sensors. And at the front, the device has 32MP + 8MP dual punch hole camera. And with these hardware and root access, the device will be a beast. Rooting has a lot of advantages that converts a simple device into a masterpiece featured device. If you want to root your Realme X3 then this guide is for you. Here we will also share a method to unlock bootloader of Realme X3 SuperZoom.
How to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom
Realme phones can be rooted but require attention while rooting the device. If the steps are not followed correctly then you may end up bricking your device. Many Realme users have reported that they bricked their phones after rooting their phones. So before rooting you must be aware of all risks of rooting your Realme X3 SuperZoom. The fingerprint sensor also doesn’t work after unlocking bootloader on Realme phones.
Realme phones are easy to root but the only problem is the locked bootloader. So first you have to unlock bootloader on Realme X3 SuperZoom following the below guide.
Realme X3 SuperZoom Unlock Bootloader
Realme started allowing its users to unlock bootloader on Realme phones about a while ago. But still, Realme users have to wait for months to unlock the bootloader of their phones. It is due to a different procedure followed by Realme for unlocking the bootloader. To unlock bootloader of Realme phones we need official unlock APK and Realme should officially add the device on their backend.
The unlock APK is not officially available for Realme X3 SuperZoom but it can be unlocked with the Realme 6 Pro unlock app. It may be because they added in the backend. Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader on Realme X3 SuperZoom. But remember unlocking bootloader will downgrade the Widevine from L1 to L3.
- First, take a full backup of your Realme X3 phone as the Unlocking bootloader will erase all data from your phone.
- Download the Realme X3 SuperZoom Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) and copy it to your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme X3. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- In the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application.
- Go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme X3 SuperZoom will boot into Bootloader mode.
- Once the phone boots into bootloader mode then connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command.
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
And as the only restriction to root Realme X3 SuperZoom is the locked bootloader which is now unlocked. It means you are all set to root your device. Rooting the Realme X3 SuperZoom brings a lot of advanced features like support for custom ROMs, custom boot animation, third party themes. Also after rooting you can add Xposed Modules on your Realme X3 SuperZoom. So now let’s get into the rooting guide after the quick requirement list.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme X3 SuperZoom Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom
We are going to use the patched boot image to root Realme X3. And for this method, we will be using the Magisk Manager app and the Realme X3 boot image file. Make sure to go through the process carefully to avoid bricking the phone.
- Extract the boot.img from the Realme X3 SuperZoom Firmware and copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone. Skip this step if the Magisk Manager is already present on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and then click on the first Install button and then again click on Install.
- Now tap on ‘Select and Patch a File’ in the pop-up screen.
- Then browse and select the boot.img.
- It will now start patching the boot file. After patching, the file will be saved in the Download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer to the location (C:\adb) and rename it to boot.img.
- Power off your phone and reboot your Realme X3 to Bootloader Mode using button combination or ADB Command.
- When the phone boots into Bootloader mode, connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb on your computer. Then replace the address with CMD, as shown in the below screenshots.
- In the command window enter the below command to flash the patched boot image to root Realme X3 SuperZoom
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now you can reboot your phone using the below command.
- After reboot, you can test for root access.
After rooting your phone you can use all the features and apps that require root access. In case if you encounter with Ads then you can use Ad Blockers to disable ads on your Realme X3 SuperZoom. Also, you can uninstall bloatware that comes by default.
Must Check | Download Google Camera 7.4 for Realme X3 & X3 SuperZoom
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme X3 SuperZoom along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Realme X3. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.