Vivo is a Chinese vendor popularly known for smartphones based on cameras. Vivo phones come with a lot of pre-installed apps and many of them are not useful for global users. So if they are not of any use then they are called bloatware. It makes no sense to keep those apps on the device because it will eat space and battery. So here is the guide on How to Uninstall/Remove System Apps on Vivo Phones without root.
You can call it to debloat, remove or uninstall but in the end, you will get a clean UI. These bloated apps are usually found in Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, and Realme phones. And these apps might be useful in China but in most of the regions, it is of no use. This is a universal guide and will work for all the Vivo phones. You can remove system apps from Vivo Nex, Vivo Nex 3, Vivo V17 Pro, Vivo V15 Pro, and more.
System Apps can not be uninstalled directly from the phone. And if you want to uninstall then either you can root your phone or uninstall apps from commands. If you have rooted phone then you can normally uninstall apps. But if not rooted then this guide is for you.
How to Uninstall System Apps on Vivo Phones
Vivo phones are popular and all phones pack with good hardware. But due to the bloated OS, it decreases the performance of the phone. But you don’t have to worry because you still have the option to remove system apps that you don’t use. Before you move to steps find out the apps that you want to install with their package name.
How to Find Package Name of Apps
If you want to remove system Apps from phones without root then you need to find out the package name of all the apps that you want to uninstall. It is easy to find the package name with many methods. Using a third-party app is a simple way to find the package name.
- Open Play Store on your Vivo Phone.
- Now install the Package Name Viewer 2.0 app on your phone.
- Open the Package viewer app.
- Switch to System Apps section to find the package name of pre-installed apps.
- Now check package name (eg. com.caf.fmradio) of Apps that you want to uninstall and note it down somewhere for convenience.
Now that you have package names of all the apps that you want to uninstall. Go to the next method to know the method to uninstall system apps.
Note: Do not uninstall an app that can affect the device. There are some apps which can make device misbehave if you install them. Apps like bluetooth, launcher, network, fingerprint and other.
Gallery and Vivo services can also cause problems so don’t uninstall these apps from your phone.
How to Uninstall Bloatware without Root
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times on Build Number and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to the main Settings and then move to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, scroll down and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. And it will prompt for debugging permission on your phone so allow it.
- Open Command or CMD window on your computer and enter the below command.
- If it triggers for permission then give it. If it doesn’t ask for permission it will display some id on the command window.
- Now enter the below command to enter shell window
- Now type the below command with the package name of the app that you want to uninstall. Make sure to enter package name (eg. com.caf.fmradio) in place of packagename
pm uninstall -k --user 0 packagename
- Enter the above command one by one by changing the package name to uninstall system apps one by one.
So this was the simple guide to uninstall bloatware from your Vivo phones. It doesn’t need to root your device which is nearly impossible for Vivo phones. It is because the company doesn’t let users unlock the bootloader and without unlocking we can’t root the device. Uninstalling any apps from rooted phones is simple as uninstalling third party apps.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to uninstall system apps on Vivo phones without root. The process can be followed for other phones than Vivo to remove system apps or bloatware. If you get any error on uninstalling system apps from your Vivo phone then let us know in the comment section.
More Vivo Guides: