Realme is now a settled brand popular for its low budget and mid budget phones in many regions. And Realme 6 Pro is there best budget phone as of now, and it directly competes with the Poco X2, which is also available in the same price segment. If you are a continuous reader of YTECHB, then you know that we share root guides for all Android phones. And here, you will know How to Root Realme 6 Pro and how to unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro.
The Realme 6 Pro comes with power packed hardware for blazing-fast performance under a budget price. It features a big 6.6 FHD+ IPS display with a 90Hz refresh rate. The device runs on Android 10 based on Realme UI by default. Realme 6 Pro powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G integrated with Adreno 618 GPU. It is available in a 6GB RAM option and 64GB of internal storage. The device dons a quad rear camera setup with a 64MP primary sensor, 12MP telephoto sensor, 8MP ultrawide sensor, and a 2MP macro sensor.
Realme is not the best smartphone brand when it comes to custom development, but still, we can unlock bootloader and Install Custom ROMs. If you don’t know, Realme phones bootloader can be unlocked only if the unlock apk is available. And Realme takes ages to provide the unlock apk for Realme phones. But thanks to the developer (barakcodam & Rizezky) who came up with the unlock apk for Realme 6 Pro before the official apk from Realme. Rooting Realme 6 Pro adds support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. It also allows us to install Xposed Modules on Realme 6 Pro. Below you will know the root guide for Realme 6 Pro along with unlocking bootloader guide.
How to Root Realme 6 Pro
The only challenge for rooting an Android phone is the bootloader, and once bootloader unlocked, then we can easily root the phone. We can root Realme 6 Pro with two different methods that are using a patched boot image or using a custom Recovery. Luckily the unofficial custom Recovery is also available, but we will be using the patched boot image to root Realme 6 Pro. But before that, lets first check how to unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro using the below guide.
Realme 6 Pro Unlock Bootloader
All Android phones come with locked bootloader by default, which means rooting and other root level customization is not possible. As you all know that it’s not easy to unlock bootloader on Realme phones, but luckily the unlock apk for Realme 6 Pro is available. It means you can now unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro, and later you can root your phone. So let’s get into the unlock bootloader guide.
- First, take a full backup of your phone as unlocking bootloader will delete all data from your phone.
- Download the Realme 6 Pro Unlock tool (Deep Testing app) and copy it on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your phone. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Open the Deep testing app and click on Start Applying.
- In the next screen, mark the checkbox and click on Submit Application.
- Go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Open the App again and tap on Query Verification Status on the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and your phone will boot into Bootloader mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer when it is in bootloader mode. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command.
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
It will now unlock the bootloader of your Realme 6 Pro, and the phone reboot into the system. So after reboot, set up your device. And once the bootloader is unlocked, you are all set to root your Realme 6 Pro. Before following the steps to root Realme 6 Pro go through the below requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme 6 Pro Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager apk on your phone
- Download vbmeta.img on your phone
Root Realme 6 Pro with Magisk
- Extract the Firmware on your computer and copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and then click on Install > Install.
- Now on the next screen, tap on ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- Browse and select the boot.img.
- It will now start patching your file, and after patching, the file will be saved to Download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer to the location (C:\adb) and rename it to boot.img. Also, copy the vbmeta.img to the same location.
- Power off your phone and reboot your Realme 6 Pro to Bootloader Mode using button combination or adb Command.
- When the phone boots into Bootloader mode, connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb on your computer. Then replace the address with CMD, as shown in the below screenshots.
- In the command window enter the below Command to flash vbmeta
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Now you can flash the patched boot image to root Realme 6 Pro
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your phone using the below command.
- After reboot, you can test for root access.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Realme 6 Pro along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.