Realme is now a separate brand than Oppo and Realme devices now come with new Realme UI. But most of the Realme devices are still running on ColorOS. A few months ago ColorOS started showing ads on the UI and Realme UI also follows the same. It is irritating that we are paying for the device but they also give ads with the package. We found a way to disable ads to get rid of ads in your Realme device. Here you will know how to disable Ads in Realme phones running on ColorOS or Realme UI.
Realme stated in their official page that all the Realme devices running ColorOS 6 or later which includes Realme UI will have ads in the system. This all started with the Xiaomi which also shows ads on their devices and now it is nearly impossible to disable ads on Xiaomi. But luckily Realme provides an option to remove or disable ads from the device. If they are giving the option to close, they shouldn’t be showing ads at all.
Already many users hate the ColorOS and Realme UI and Ads is only going to make the experience even worse. And in this case, we have few options like we can root our devices, user custom ROM or disable Ads from the system. Starting this year when Realme shared news about the Ads they also mentioned that we can disable the Ads. So if you want to get rid of Ads in Realme for smooth experience then you will find working methods below in this guide.
How to Disable Ads in Realme Phones
There are more than one ways to remove ads on realme phones like rooting phone, disabling recommendations. If you have a rooted phone then you can block ads from devices include YouTube and browsers. But not all users have root access on your phone so we will start with disabling ads on Realme phones without root access.
Steps to Remove Ads in Realme Phones (Without Root)
If you are irritated with Ads on your phone and want to get rid of it immediately but don’t have root access then follow the below steps. This method is recommended by Realme itself and it is easy. Let’s directly get into the steps to disable ads on Realme devices.
- Open Settings on your Realme phone.
- In Settings scroll down and there you will see Additional Settings.
- Open Additional Settings and look for the ‘Get Recommendations’ option.
- Click on Get Recommendation which will open the page to disable ads.
- Now disable the option ‘Receive app and content recommendations in system apps such as Download Management’
To make sure that it’s working properly, reboot the device once. Now ads will not appear in UI like settings and Realme apps. This is the easiest method but only block ads from Settings and specific Apps from Realme. But if you want your whole device to be Ad free then you can follow the below guide.
Must Check | How to Enable Ad-Blocker in Chrome on Android
Steps to Remove Ads in Realme Phones (Root)
If you have a rooted Realme device then you have a lot of different options to disable ads from all the apps like Youtube, UC browser, Music apps and more. It is a bit tough process but a lot more effective than the last method.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and then download a system-wide Adblocker app like AdAway or other that you know.
- Install the Adblocker app and open the app.
- It will ask for the root access so click on the Allow.
- Now it will start working as a system-wide but still, you need to go through the recommendations in the App. You can also add some ad blocker modules like YouTube Adaway, Adblocker Reborn on your phone.
- To add modules make sure you have an Xposed Framework installed on your phone.
- Then download Module APK from Xposed Repository.
- Now install the module on your phone and then open the Xposed installer.
- In Xposed installer click on three bars on the top left and select Modules.
- It will show the module that you installed recently. Check the box and reboot your device.
- After reboot, the ad blocker module will start working.
This way you can block ads from your device, there might be some apps in which modules may not work but with most apps, it will work.
You May Also Like | Download & Install Custom Fonts on Realme Phones (Guide)
So there you have it the complete guide on how to disable ads in Realme phones. This will help to improve the user experience and it will also save your time. If you have any questions on your mind, then let us know in the comment section.