Realme has gain popularity in the smartphone industry in no time. The company has delivered popular phones like Realme 3 Pro, Realme C2, Realme 5 Pro, Realme XT, Realme X2 Pro, and many other devices. But the only disadvantage of owning a Realme device is the lack of custom development which is improving due to an increase in popularity. Also, users have to wait for months to get the In-depth test app which allows us to unlock bootloader on Realme devices. Here is an important guide on How to Unbrick Realme Phones in case if you have bricked your device while trying to root or modify.
Many users brick their phones while trying to install a custom recovery, unlocking bootloader, rooting or installing custom ROMs and this is common. So if you have also bricked your phone or the phone is stuck in the Realme logo then this guide is definitely for you. It is hard to find a working guide because of the lack of the Realme Flash Tool. Yes since now there is no official flash tool for Realme phones and in upcoming months or years, we can expect a tool from Realme. But still, you have options to fix your bricked Realme phones and it is easy as using a flash tool.
This guide will also help if you want to downgrade your phone to older Android versions. Realme is a sub-brand of Oppo and as per the news Realme now became a separate company but it is still backed up by Oppo. So it is possible that the Oppo Flash tool can also for Realme devices. Below you will find the detailed guide to fix Realme bootloop or bricked Realme devices.
How to Unbrick Realme Phones
The method that we are going to share in this guide work very well and you can use it to fix andy Realme phones. Here you will get two different methods whereas in the second method you need the TWRP Recovery file. And since the TWRP Recovery is now available for most of the Realme phones it is going to be an easy method. Make sure to follow the requirements that you are going to need for the below methods.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer
- Download Fastboot ROM for your device
- Install Realme USB Driver on your computer
How to Boot Realme Phones into Fastboot and Recovery Mode
In the guide to fix bricked Realme phones, you have to boot your device into Fastboot and Recovery mode. So if you don’t know the method to boot into Fastboot or Recovery then follow the below procedures. There are many methods to boot into any system mode but here we are going to share the easiest way.
Boot into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode
- Power off your Realme phone.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when the Realme logo appears.
- Now the Realme device will boot into Bootloader Mode.
Boot into Recovery Mode
- First, boot into Fastboot Mode with Volume Down + Power button.
- In the bootloader mode, you will see the Start option on top. So press Volume Down or Up button to navigate to Recovery Mode option.
- When it shows Recovery Mode press the Power button.
- Now your Realme phone will boot into Recovery.
Must Check | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme X2 Pro
Method 1: Steps to Fix Bricked Realme Phones (using Fastboot Commands)
- Copy all the downloaded files to your computer.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM on your computer.
- Now go to the extracted folder where boot.img, recovery.img, vbmeta.img files are present.
- Press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Power off your phone and boot into Bootloader mode using the method given above.
- Now connect your phone to PC and enter the below command to check if the device connected properly. It should return a device ID
- Enter below command to format data from your device
fastboot -w && fastboot erase system
- After deleting the data enter the below commands one by one
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- After flashing the above four files you can reboot your phone into the system using the below command
- The device will now boot into the system and it will start working as a new phone.
So this is an easy method to fix a bricked Realme device. But if it doesn’t work on your phone then you can have other methods as well. Below we have provided other method which also works to unbrick Realme phones. The below method requires TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery image file. Let’s start the guide and fix your Realme device.
Method 2: Steps to Fix Bricked Realme Phones (using TWRP Recovery)
- Download the TWRP Recovery image file for your Realme device. You can also use another custom recovery if TWRP not available.
- Copy the TWRP image file and firmware to your computer.
- Extract the Firmware and open the extracted folder. Now replace the recovery.img file with TWRP Recovery image.
- Now rename the TWRP Recovery image file to recovery.img.
- Power off your phone and boot into Bootloader mode with the same guide given above.
- Now connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- In the extracted Firmware folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ and ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Now enter the below command one by one in the Command/PowerShell window
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing both files, boot your device into Recovery mode with the method given above.
- Then copy the ROM zip file to your phone.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install and flash the Firmware zip file to your phone.
- Then go to Reboot > System.
- Once the phone boot into the system set up the device and enjoy it.
That’s all you have fixed your bricked Realme phone and you can use your device without worrying about bricking the device again. Because now you already know how to fix it if it is bricked. Also, the TWRP Recovery will be replaced with the stock recovery.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to unbrick Realme phones or how to fix bricked Realme phones. If the method didn’t work for you then let us know in the comment section, so we can help you with unbricking your Realme phone.