Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is the latest budget Tablet from Samsung and it delivers the best performance among other tabs available at the same price bracket. It wouldn’t be wrong to call it a beast and if you own this beast then this guide is for you. Following this guide will help you to unlock advanced features on your Tab S6 Lite. Here you will know How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and how to unlock bootloader on Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
The tablet was released in early 2020 with some good hardware such as a good processor, good camera, better battery life, and much more. Let’s go through a quick specifications list. Galaxy Tab S6 features a beautiful 10.4-inch full HD+ IPS display. The Tab is powered with the Samsung Exynos 9611 processor which comes with integrated Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. Its an average gaming device so if you like to play games on a big screen you can consider this device. The tablet is available only in a 4GB RAM option along with 64GB & 128GB storage.
If you have a question related to rooting Galaxy Tab S6 Lite then you will get answers to all your questions. Rooting gives an extra edge to the device performance by boosting the hardware capabilities. Also, it gives a lot of customization options for Android phones that are helpful in installing or flashing themes including third party themes. Rooting brings features like support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, and more. Root access also adds support for Xposed Modules that are known for its high level customization. Rooting Galaxy Tab S6 Lite requires unlocking the bootloader on Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Samsung phones are always tricky to root and even some phones can not be rooted. But don’t worry we can root Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with the common Magisk patching method. You can expect some Custom development progress soon and hope we can get a custom recovery for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. But as for now, custom Recovery is not available so we can not flash Magisk to root Samsung Tab S6 Lite. So we are going to use the Fastboot method to flash patched files and root Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. But as you know it requires unlocking bootloader so first, we have to unlock the bootloader which you can do by following the guide below.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Unlock Bootloader
All the Android phones come with the locked bootloader by default unless you are specifically buying the unlocked ones. Unlocked phones are generally cheaper than locked ones. This info will help you if you are thinking of buying unlocked Android phones. But anyway it doesn’t matter which one you have as Samsung allows its users to unlock the bootloader their devices. Since the release of OneUI the security on Samsung phones has increased and so it’s a bit hard to unlock the bootloader but not impossible. So let’s check out how to unlock bootloader on Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
- Take a full backup of your Galaxy Tab S6 Lite as unlocking the bootloader will wipe data from your phone.
- Once you have taken a backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information.
- In the Software Information, check for Build Number and tap on it for about 7-8 times to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the Developer Options.
- Once you have enabled the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your phone to your PC.
- It will show a Warning screen on your phone, and now you can release both buttons. Now press the Volume Up button once, and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite will boot into Download mode.
- Long press the Volume Up button when the device is in Download Mode and now the unlock bootloader on Galaxy Tab S6 Lite will start and wipe all data.
- The device will reboot into the system. Now make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options. If not, then wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
After unlocking the bootloader on your Samsung Tab S6 Lite you can proceed with rooting your device. If you failed to unlock the bootloader in the first attempt then wait for a few days and try the same method again for rooting your device. But before moving to steps go through the pre rooting requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked of your phone
- Download the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite firmware (the same version on which your phone is running)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
Steps to Root Samsung Tab S6 Lite with Magisk
We can root Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with two different methods. But as no custom Recovery is available for now we will use the patched AP files which means you need to download the firmware to grab the AP file. You can use tools like Samfirm or Frija to download firmware.
- Extract the Downloaded Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). It will be in the tar format. Also, extract the Odin tool zip file on your PC.
- Transfer the AP file to your phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your phone. Skip this step if the Magisk Manager is already installed.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and click on Install > Install.
- A pop up will appear with a few options, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and select the AP tar file and wait for the patching process. It can take a few seconds.
- After the complete patching process, the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your PC and extract it.
- Copy the Meta-data folder, boot.img, recovery.img, and vbmeta.img file to a different location and compress these files in one TAR file. Remember extracting it must directly give these four files, not inside any folder.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your Computer.
- Make sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool and untick Auto-Reboot. Check the screenshot for reference.
- On the right side of the tool, click on the AP and locate the magisk_patched.tar file (The one that you compressed manually).
- Then Boot your Galaxy Tab S6 Lite into Download Mode. You can follow steps 6 & 7 from the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer when the Samsung Tab S6 Lite is in Download Mode. The Odin tool will detect your phone, and you can see the blue color near ID: COM.
- After completing all the above steps, click on the Start button. It will start flashing the Firmware, including the Magisk patched file.
- You can disconnect your phone when it shows the Pass message. Then follow the below steps carefully.
- Boot your Tablet into stock recovery (do not boot the phone into the system).
- From recovery wipe data by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Now reboot your phone into the system and again install Magisk Manager. Open Magisk Manager and it will show installed status which means the Samsung Tab S6 Lite is rooted.
After rooting the phone you can easily customize and set up at your convenience. With root access on Tab S6 Lite, we can block ads, remove pre-installed apps, and a lot more. Many users have reported that they are receiving multiple ads on their devices. And this means you can also get rid of annoying ads.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung Tab S6 Lite using the patched AP file. And if you have any relates questions, then let us know in the comment section below.