Want to download official firmware for your Samsung smartphone to flash? SamFirm lets you download latest Samsung firmware from Samsung servers directly. Here I will tell you How to download, install, and use SamFirm to flash the firmware via Odin Flash tool. Even you can choose your region and country according to the CSC (Country Specific Code) code or build number. Here are some more details about the Samsung Firmware download tool.
All the brands are releasing the latest version of the software, like Samsung recently done the testing of One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update for some Galaxy phones like Note 8/9, S8/S9. And as a youngster or a geek, we want to play with our phone by updating it to the latest software, by patching the new firmware, custom ROMs, and mods. But the problem is, finding the correct firmware for the phone. One good thing about the stock firmware is, you can quickly and easily restore your data.
Some people don’t want to take a risk, as they are using the phone for the long run time. However, flashing a stock or custom ROM is a risky task for the users, who haven’t done such kind of unsafe operations. So, if you’re a beginner make sure to read the steps first before doing such activities with your phone.
Sometimes OTA updates have some bugs, like the bootloop issue, network issue, WiFi/Bluetooth, errors in apps, or issues like this. Then, it is the best way that you can flash your phone to the last version or the latest version of firmware available for your phone. And for this, you need to download the firmware for your device and then flash it with Latest Odin Tool.
Download Latest Samsung Firmware
SamFirm is a tool, which lets you download the correct and latest firmware for your smartphone. The tool has been first developed by XDA-developers member zxz0O0. It is an old tool, but still, it works very well and the latest stable version, helps you in downloading the correct firmware according to the country code or CSC product code. You can check your software version details or the Model number in settings.
If your phone is unlocked (from carrier lock) then there is no need to check or match the CSC code. But if your phone is a carrier branded then you need to take care of CSC code. So, download the official Samsung firmware for your Samsung Galaxy phone. Most of the Samsung phones bootloader has already unlocked, so before flashing you’ll need to restart your smartphone into bootloader mode.
Download SamFirm Tool Latest
As I said earlier, SamFirm is an old tool, but the latest version comes with some useful features like choosing the CSC code, model number, etc. The best part about the SamFirm is, it is only 3mb in size. So, Download SamFirm tool latest to download official firmware directly from the server. Here:
- Download SamFirm v0.3.6 tool (Google Drive Link)
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Latest Odin Tool
- Make sure to charge your smartphone up to 50% before flashing.
- Make sure to take backup of your data before flashing.
- Check the CSC code and the build number of the firmware.
- A stable internet connection and a PC with Samsung drivers installed for flashing.
- SamFirm needs Microsoft .NET Framework installed if you don’t have click here. If it is needed, it will open a pop up window to download the framework.
How to Use SamFirm and Download Latest Samsung Firmware
- Download SamFirm tool from the above download link.
- Extract the tool using WinZip on your PC.
- Then open the extracted folder.
- In the folder, you will find the ‘SamFirm.exe‘ file.Advertisement
- Just double-click on the .exe file and run it.
- Now it will open the SamFirm tool.
- Once opened, you can select your phone’s model number, by entering the details into the Model field. Type the model number like Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F). If you do not confirm about your device model number, you can find in Setting > About device.
- After choosing the model number, you need to choose the region of your device which is basically a CSC product code. This will need only if your smartphone is carrier branded or sim locked. If your phone is unlocked you can choose any CSC code.
- Now tick the Auto option, for more configurations.
- Click on the Check Update option, this will check if any updated firmware is available.
- After checking, it will show the firmware details, build number, Android version, file name, size, and other information.
- You can click on the Download button for downloading the firmware from the Samsung server. Then, select the folder or the location where you want to save the file.
- After downloading the firmware (which is in ZIP), you can extract it on your system.
- Once extracted you can find the .tar.md5 file to flash your phone using Odin Flash Tool.
- That’s it.
We have seen how easy is to download the firmware directly from Samsung Server via SamFirm tool. SamFirm downloader also helps you in downloading the firmware for both Samsung Galaxy phones or Tablets.
More Related Articles: