Magisk is undoubtedly the best and reliable source to root any Android phone. There are many methods to root an Android phone using Magisk. One of the methods is the flashing patched boot image. But many users don’t know about the patched boot image and how to get it. Here you will know how to patch a file in Magisk Manager.
You can patch files like boot image, recovery file, and many zip files. Flashing magisk patched files will root your phone. If you use the magisk patched file to root your phone, then you don’t have to install a custom recovery on your phone. This can be an advantage for those who don’t want a custom recovery but want to root their phone. I will also share the installation guide of the patch boot file created with Magisk Manager.
You may have a question in your mind that why you need a magisk patched file. We will clear out your doubts.
Why You Need Magisk Patched File?
Magisk patched files are used for rooting any Android phone without breaking the SafetyNet. It also gives you an advantage, which is you can root your phone without any custom recovery. Moreover, it also supports multiple file formats like image and tar format files. You can patch boot image or patch custom recovery and install to root your Android Phone.
Now let’s get you the method to create a Magisk image or tar patched file.
How to Patch a File with Magisk Manager
- Download Magisk Manager APK on your phone. Samsung users should download the Canary Build.
- Transfer the file that you want to patch on your phone.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone with the APK.
- Now open the Magisk Manager App and follow the further instructions.
- In Magisk Manager, click on the above Install option and then click again on the Install in the pop-up.
- Now choose the ‘Select and Patch a File’ option.
- Locate the file that you want to patch and wait for the patch completion.
- After the successful patch the file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched or similar.
- That’s it; you have created the patch file from Magisk Manager.
After patching the boot image or twrp file, you have to install the magisk patched boot image. If you want to install the file, then follow the below method. If you have a Samsung phone, then check the last method.
Note: Always take a full backup of your phone, if you want to flash any file on your phone.
How to Install Magisk Patched File on Android Phone
In most of the phones, patched boot images are used to root. So here i will explain how to install Magisk patched boot image. You should know that installing the patched file requires an unlocked bootloader.
- First, install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Transfer the magisk_patched file on your computer (In C:\adb folder). Rename it boot.img if it is a boot image and recovery.img if it is a recovery image.
- Go to C:\adb location and press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here.’
- Now boot your phone into the Fastboot Mode and connect to your computer.
- In Command window enter the below command (if you have boot image)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Enter the below command in the command window (if you have recovery image)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After installing the magisk patched file, reboot your phone into the system.
- Open Magisk Manager and follow the in-app instructions.
This applies to Android phones except for Samsung phones. To install Magisk patched file on Samsung phones, you need Odin tool.
You May Also Like | Download Samsung USB Drivers for Mobile Phones [Latest]
How to Install Magisk Patched File on Samsung Phones
Samsung phones also require the bootloader to be unlocked to install the patched file. Follow the below instructions.
- Download Odin flash tool on your computer. Also, download the firmware of your phone and extract the firmware.
- Transfer the magisk patched file on your computer.
- Now boot your Samsung phone into Download Mode and connect to your computer.
- Run the Odin tool and see if your device is connected (it will see COM and blue color if connected).
- Switch to the Options tab and uncheck Auto Reboot.
- Click on the AP tab and locate the magisk patched file (boot image or recovery tar).
- Also, load the other three section BL, CP, and CSC (you can find these files on the extracted firmware folder).
- Then click on Start to flash the magisk patched file.
- It will give a success message after completion.
- To reboot your Samsung phones with root access, the correct key combination should be used. For this check particular root guide.
- Then open the Magisk Manager and follow the in-app instructions.
That’s all, now you know how to patch a file with Magisk Manager and how to install the patched file. Also, your phone is rooted if you have installed it on your phone. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comment section.