This year we have witnessed some great launches despite the unwelcome situation. And also OnePlus surprises with a few non-flagship devices for the first time. The list includes OnePlus Nord, OnePlus N100, and OnePlus N10 5G. These are budget phones but coming from a reputable company makes these phones great. We have shared root articles for OnePlus Nord. And here you will know how to root OnePlus Nord N10 and how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus Nord N10.
OnePlus Nord N10 is a mid-range budget phone and packs with some amazing specifications. It comes with a 6.49-inch display with FHD+ (1080x2400p) resolution. The device packs a good set of hardware including a Snapdragon 690 Chipset with 5G modem. It comes in a 6GB RAM option along with 128GB storage. Main feature of the device is the quad rear camera setup (64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP). The device is capable of performing like any higher budget phone.
OnePlus phones run on OxygenOS which is a custom OS from OnePlus. It is mostly similar to a stock Android but with many customization options. One of the best things is that OnePlus allows its users to easily unlock bootloader and modify their phones. It means you can root your device without any custom recovery. Rooting adds many options including support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. We are also going to share how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus Nord N10 in this guide.
How to Root OnePlus Nord N10
OnePlus is one of the recognized brands and quite popular among custom developers. And each OnePlus phone gets custom recoveries, custom ROMs, and more. But as usual, it will take some time, and till then you can enjoy customizations and advanced features after rooting your phone. You can root your OnePlus Nord N10 with some methods that use the Magisk tool. But first, you need to unlock bootloader of OnePlus Nord N10 which you can achieve by following the below guide.
Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus Nord N10
OnePlus phones come with locked bootloader by default which restricts users from modifying their phones. But luckily the company allows its users to unlock bootloader without any complicated method. All OEMs have their own process of unlocking bootloader. And OnePlus also has its own easy and simple process of unlocking bootloader. You can follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of OnePlus Nord N10.
- OnePlus Nord N10 unlock bootloader process will delete all data, so first take a full backup of your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Open Settings on your OnePlus Nord N10 and go to the ‘About Phone’ option.
- In About Phone, you will see Build Number, so tap about 7-8 times on it. It will display ‘You are now a developer.’
- Go back to main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
- In the developer option, enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging. Also, enable the Advance reboot option from developer options.
- Now long press the Power button, and it will give a few extra options, select the Bootloader option. You can also boot into fastboot by using shortcut buttons.
- The OnePlus Nord N10 will now boot into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader mode.
- When the phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer.
- Now open the command/CMD window on your PC. To check if the device is connected, enter the below command. It will give some device id.
- fastboot devices
- Once it is connected, enter the below command.
- fastboot oem unlock
- The above command will prompt options on your phone. Now use the Volume buttons to toggle options. Select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ and press the Power button.
- The unlock process will remove all data and USB Debugging. The device will now auto-reboot into the system after finishing the unlocking.
- Set up your device and enjoy OnePlus Nord N10 with unlocked bootloader.
As you know for rooting you need to have the device with unlocked bootloader. And now that you have unlocked the bootloader, you are all set to root your OnePlus Nord N10. But before jumping to the steps, make sure to go through the requirement list.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download Magisk Manager APK on your phone
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver installed on your PC
- Download OnePlus Nord N10 firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root OnePlus Nord N10 5G
In 2020 you can use Magisk to root an Android phone. But there are quite a few methods to use Magisk for rooting a device. And in this guide we will be using the patched boot image to root OnePlus Nord N10 5G. This method works even if there is no custom recovery available. Follow the below steps to root your OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
- First, extract the boot.img from the downloaded firmware and copy the boot image to your OnePlus Nord N10. You can use different methods to extract the firmware.
- Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your phone and click Install > Install.
- Now choose the option ‘Select and Patch a File’ and locate the boot.img file that you copied earlier.
- When you select the boot.img file, it will start patching the file. After patching, the output file will save in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer C:\adb location. Rename the file from magisk_patched.img to boot.img.
- Boot your OnePlus Nord N10 to Fastboot Mode using the steps given in unlock the bootloader.
- When the device is in Fastboot Mode connect your phone to the compute using a USB cable.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- In the command window, enter the below command, and it should return some ID, which means the device is connected.
- fastboot devices
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root OnePlus Nord N10.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After complete flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root privilege on your phone.
Once you have root access on your OnePlus Nord N10, you can access all the advanced features. In fact, you don’t need to flash any custom ROM if you use various Xposed Modules and other apps that need root access. You can also check the guide to install the Xposed Framework on Android 10 running phones.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.3 for OnePlus Nord (Best GCam Mod)
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root OnePlus Nord N10 and how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus Nord N10 5G. In case of any queries, let us know in the comment section.