If you like to root your device then you must be aware of the Magisk tool and its developer John Wu. The developer has recently released a new update with a whole new user interface that looks interesting. The latest update comes with Android 11 support which means you can also root updated Pixel devices and new Android phones. Here you get to Download Magisk v21.0 and Magisk Manager v8.0.0 APK.
This is the largest update till now and you will find it more interesting and better performing than ever. The last update Magisk v20.4 was released back in March with some improvements. But this is a major update with a lot of changes in the user’s favor and it will make the installation even easier than before.
There is a Ramdisk option on the home page that will show the installation compatibility. If it says yes in Ramdisk then you can easily install the Magisk on your phone without any additional steps. But if it is set to No, then you have to go through some challenges but it is also manageable. You can also choose from various available themes from Settings. If you want to know other changes then you can follow the below changelogs.
Magisk v21.0 – Changelog
- [General] Support Android 11 🎉
- [General] Add Safe Mode detection. Disable all modules when the device is booting into Safe Mode.
- [General] Increase post-fs-data mode timeout from 10 seconds to 40 seconds
- [MagiskInit] Rewritten 2SI support from scratch
- [MagiskInit] Support when no /sbin folder exists (Android 11)
- [MagiskInit] Dump fstab from device-tree to rootfs and force init to use it for 2SI devices
- [MagiskInit] Strip out AVB for 2SI as it may cause bootloop
- [Modules] Rewritten module mounting logic from scratch
- [MagiskSU] For Android 8.0+, a completely new policy setup is used. This reduces compromises in Android’s sandbox, providing more policy isolation and better security for root users.
- [MagiskSU] Isolated mount namespace will now first inherit from parent process, then isolate itself from the world
- [MagiskSU] Update communication protocol with Magisk Manager to work with the hardened SELinux setup
- [MagiskPolicy] Optimize match all rules. This will significantly reduce policy binary size and save memory and improve general kernel performance.
- [MagiskPolicy] Support declaring new types and attributes
- [MagiskPolicy] Make policy statement closer to stock *.te format. Please check updated documentation or magiskpolicy –help for more details.
- [MagiskBoot] Support compressed extra blobs
- [MagiskBoot] Pad boot images to original size with zeros
- [MagiskHide] Manipulate additional vendor properties
Magisk Manager v8.0.0 – Changelog
- 100% full app rewrite! Will highlight functional changes below.
- Add detailed device info in home screen to assist user installation
- Support Magisk v21.0 communication protocol
- Support patching modern Samsung AP.tar
We have shared many root guides and we can tell that Samsung phones are the toughest to root. And with support for patching the AP.tar, this will ease the rooting process. So if you want the seamless root experience then you can update your Magisk and Magisk manager from the next section.
Download Magisk v21.0
The updated Magisk v21.0 comes with a lot of changes including the support for the latest Android 11. It means we can now root the latest and upcoming phones with Android 11 OS. Safe mode detection is another new feature included in Magisk v21.0 that will disable all the modules when you will boot into safe mode. So if you want to update your Magisk or want to install Magisk then download it from the below link.
- Download Magisk v21.0
- Credit – John Wu
Download Magisk Manager v8.0.0 APK
Magisk Manager is an app to manage Magisk and its features through a graphical user interface. The latest Magisk Manager comes with a totally new user interface that looks interactive and Flutter like graphics. It now contains more details which will help you to find if your device is suitable for Magisk or not. You can download the latest Magisk Manager app from the link given below.
So there you have it, download links for both Magisk and Magisk Manager. There is a small change in the installation process for some devices which we will explain in the upcoming root guides. In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.