The love for Tablet is increasing because of the big display that helps in most of the work-related tasks and entertainment. This is the reason that smartphones are getting bigger displays. If you love tablets and own the Galaxy Tab S7+ then you can root your phone. Here you will know how to root Samsung Tab S7+ along with the guide to unlock bootloader of Galaxy Tab S7+. This guide will also work for Galaxy Tab S7.
Tablets are more reliable and efficient in all types of activities like gaming, watching videos, presenting, and more. And with the flagship Snapdragon 865+ processor, the Galaxy Tab S7+ is a beast. And you can root your device for more features and options. The tab features a big 12.4-inch 2K AMOLED display. And guess what this tab also has a 120Hz refresh rate that will make your experience even better.
Tablets are more useful if it is customized as you can perform more advanced tasks with fluidity. Here I am talking about the root access that gives us access to the root folder and settings. Besides this, there are a lot of advantages to the root. Rooting brings support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. But to root the device first we have to unlock bootloader of the Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S+.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Rooting Android phones is possible for many years but now with increased security, it is now difficult. But it doesn’t mean we can not root our Android phone. I still remember rooting my phone with just a single tap, which is now a no show. You can root an Android phone with a powerful tool called Magisk. We can use it in different ways such as using custom recovery or a patched boot image file. But as you know we can’t go for the root method straight up. First, we need to Unlock the Bootloader of the Galaxy Tab S7+ and then we can proceed with the rooting steps.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Unlock Bootloader
All the phones come with a locked bootloader by default and to root the phone we have to first Unlock the bootloader. Each brand has a different process to Unlock Bootloader and Samsung follows a simple but lengthy process. You can follow the below process to Unlock Bootloader of Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+.
- First take a full backup of your Galaxy Tab S7 or S7+ as this process will remove all data from your device.
- Once you have the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information.
- In the Software Information, you will find the Build Number. Tap about 7-8 times on it to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the Developer Options.
- After enabling the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your phone to your PC.
- It will show a Warning screen on your phone, and now you can release both buttons. Now press the Volume Up button once, and Galaxy Tab S7+ will boot into Download mode.
- Long press the Volume Up button when the device is in Download Mode and now the unlock bootloader on Samsung Tab S7+ will start and wipe all data.
- Reboot your phone and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options. If not, then wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
After unlocking the bootloader you are all set up to root your device. You can also install custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, and more custom project files. Below is the list of requirements list required for rooting Galaxy Tab S7+.
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked of your phone
- Download the Galaxy Tab S7 or S7+ firmware (use SamFirm or Frija)
- Install 7-zip on your PC
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+
Remember that you need to download correct files for your device. Like if you have the Tab S7+ WiFi model then you need to get the files for the same model.
- Extract the downloaded Galaxy Tab S7+ Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). Also, extract the bootboot.img.lz4 from the AP tar file.
- Right-click on the boot file and Archive it in the tar format with 7 Zip.
- Copy the boot tar file to your phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your Galaxy Tab S7+. Skip this step if the app is already installed on your device.
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your phone after installing it, and click on Install > Install.
- A pop up will appear, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process. It can take a few seconds to patch the file.
- After patching the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC. And Make sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool. Check the below screenshot for reference.
- On the right side of the tool, load patched file in AP. And load respective BL, CP, and Home CSC file (That are in the firmware).
- Then Boot your Galaxy Tab S7+ into Download Mode. You can follow steps 6 & 7 from the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
- Once your Galaxy Tab S7+ boots into Download Mode, connect it to your computer. The Odin tool will detect your phone, and it will show blue color in the first stack above ID: COM.
- After completing all the previous steps, click on the Start button. It will start flashing the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- It will give a Pass message on completion.
- After this, load the Magisk_patched tar file and flash it on your tab.
- Now reboot your phone into the system and again install Magisk Manager. Open Magisk Manager and it will show installed status which means the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ is rooted.
You can also flash the Magisk file with TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab S7+ to root it.
After rooting the Galaxy Tab S7/S7+ you can enjoy all the advanced features. Most of the brands show ads on their devices including Samsung. And with root access, you can block all the system ads. And if you don’t like pre-installed apps then you can uninstall it.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung Tab S7+ along with a guide to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy Tab S7+. In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.