Realme C3 is the latest smartphone in the C series by Realme and it was released in the first quarter of the year 2020. It is almost half a year since its release and finally, Realme has come up with the unlock app for Realme C3. It is a bit late but at least we now have the opportunity to root our phones. And if you want to root your Realme C3 then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to root Realme C3 along with the guide to unlock bootloader on Realme C3.
If you love rooting, flashing custom ROMs then you know that Realme is not the brand that you look forward to buying. But Realme is now providing APK for each Realme phone to unlock the bootloader. No idea why they don’t directly allow unlocking bootloader like Samsung, Google, OnePlus, and Xiaomi. Instead, they release an APK for their phones that let you unlock the bootloader. And it takes ages to get the official unlock APK from Realme.
Realme C series has gained popularity since the release of Realme C2 which dominated the budget smartphone market. And Realme C3 is also a good smartphone that comes with balanced hardware and software. Rooting an Android phone brings a lot of advanced features that boost device performance. If you have root access on your phone then you can use custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and much more. If you also want to get these features then you can root Realme C3 with this guide. We will also share a guide to unlock bootloader of Realme C3.
How to Root Realme C3
Realme is now a big smartphone brand but updates and liberty to unlock bootloader still a big question. And so this is the reason that custom developers are not interested in working on Custom ROMs, Recoveries for Realme phones. Also unlocking and relocking the bootloader is such a mess in the Realme. But still, you can root your phone for advanced features on your Realme phones.
You can not root any phone just after taking it out of the box. As rooting any Android phone requires unlocking the bootloader. And one major negative point is that Realme users have to wait for months to get the official unlock APK that allows us to unlock bootloader on Realme phones. But if you have Realme C3 then the Unlock APK is finally available. And as you know to root Realme C3 first we have to unlock bootloader of Realme C3 so let’s first check jump into the unlock guide.
Realme C3 Unlock Bootloader
By default Android phones come with a locked bootloader that restricts users from rooting or flashing files on their Phones. But luckily Realme let us unlock the bootloader of Realme C3. Compared with other brands Realme follows a completely different procedure for unlocking bootloader which we will share in this method. So let’s now jump into the guide to unlock bootloader on Realme C3.
- Unlocking bootloader on Realme C3 will erase data from your phone. So first, take a full backup of your phone before starting the process.
- Download the Realme C3 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) and copy it on your phone.
- Now install the Unlock app on your Realme C3. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Then open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- In the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application.
- Go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and your phone will boot into Bootloader mode.
- Once the phone boots into bootloader mode then connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command.
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
There are some disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader that the Widevine will degrade from L1 to L3. Also, it will wipe all the data from your phone.
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader of Realme C3, you are good to root your phone. So now we will move to the rooting method. But first, make sure to go through the requirements listed below.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme C3 Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme C3 with Magisk
Realme is still struggling with software performance after unlocking bootloader and rooting Realme phones. In some cases, Fingerprint doesn’t work after rooting Realme phones. If you are going to root your Realme C3 then make sure to go through the process carefully to not get into any trouble like bricking your phone.
- First, extract the Realme C3 Firmware on your computer and copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and then click on Install > Install.
- Now tap on ‘Select and Patch a File’ in the pop up screen.
- Then browse and select the boot.img.
- It will now start patching your file. After patching, the file will be saved in the Download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer to the location (C:\adb) and rename it to boot.img.
- Power off your phone and reboot your Realme C3 to Bootloader Mode using button combination or ADB Command.
- When the phone boots into Bootloader mode, connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb on your computer. Then replace the address with CMD, as shown in the below screenshots.
- In the command window enter the below command to flash the patched boot image to root Realme C3
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your phone using the below command.
- After reboot, you can test for root access.
Must Check | Download Google Camera 7.3 for Realme C3
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme C3 along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Realme C3. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.