Xiaomi recently released the next iteration of the Redmi Note series. Redmi Note 11 series is now available globally. It comes with trend setting features such as a 108MP camera in a budget phone. Redmi Note 11 series includes Redmi Note 11, Redmi Note 11s, Redmi Note 11 Pro, and Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G. Redmi phones are popular in custom development. Here you will learn how to root Redmi Note 11 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 11 Pro.
This guide will work for all four models in the series. Xiaomi phones get custom development work in no time. Custom ROMs, Custom Recoveries, and other work start appearing within a few days of the Redmi phone launch. The same can be said for the Redmi Note 11 phone. Rooting a Redmi phone is also easy. Before we move on to the rooting guide, here is a quick overview of the specification of the higher version.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G features a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display which supports a 120Hz refresh rate. It comes with Snapdragon 695 Soc and is coupled with 6/8GB RAM and 64/128GB Storage. The 4G variant has different SoC and modem. The processor on the 4G variant is MediaTek Helio G96. The series runs on MIUI 13 out of the box. MIUI is popular for its customization, but with root access, you can get the customization to the next level. Here you will also know the process to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 11 series.
How to Root Redmi Note 11 Pro
Xiaomi Phones are the best when it comes to rooting, custom roms, and other custom developments. And its Redmi Note 11, the phone from the most popular series from Xiaomi. So obviously the custom development will be fast. You don’t have to wait for custom ROMs or custom Recoveries if you just want to root it. The one thing you need to do prior to rooting is unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 11 series. Below you can find the guide on how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 11 Pro.
Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 11 Pro
Like other Android phones, Xiaomi phones also come with locked bootloader which is for security purposes. It keeps the phone locked if a person who is not the owner of the phone tries to overwrite firmware or change anything in the phone. It also restricts us from rooting the phone. So first we need to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 11 Pro. Let’s jump to steps.
- Take a backup of important data from your device as Unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data.
- Now Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from the official website. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- After that open Settings on your Redmi Note 11 and log in to Mi Account. Then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting.
- Now in Settings, go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Time to enable developer options. Go to Settings > About Phone. Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To access developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In the developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now turn on the internet with the same number (not compulsory but recommended) that you used in your Mi account. Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- After that power off your device and long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi Note 11 into Fastboot mode. When the Mi Bunny image shows up, release both buttons.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi Note 11 phone.
- The Mi unlock tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 11 Pro, and this will erase all the data.
After unlocking the bootloader, verify it from the Developer Options. Make sure the OEM unlocking option is grayed out. And if it is, you are all set to root your phone. There are some requirements you need to gather that will be used in rooting.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (or Platform Tools)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Redmi Note 11 firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 (Pro) with Magisk
- First extract the boot.img file from Redmi Note 11 firmware that you downloaded earlier. Make sure the firmware version is the same with the one installed on your phone.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone and Open the Magisk app. Click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- Head over to the Download folder to get the output file with name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img. You can also copy it to the Platform Tools folder if you are not using ADB Fastboot drivers.
- Boot your Redmi Note 11 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) open CMD/command window. To do this, first open the folder and type the CMD in the address bar of file explorer and hit enter.
- To check if the device is connected or not, enter the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash patched file and root Redmi Note 11.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To confirm the root access, check it in any root checker app or Magisk itself. And after confirming the root access, you can use all the features and apps that require root access. You can also try various Xposed Modules after installing Xposed Framework.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Redmi Note 11 and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 11. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.
More Guides on Motorola: