Motorola is now a Lenovo owned brand, and in recent years, we have seen the company producing some good budget phones. The company is also unveiling its most awaited flagship device called Moto Edge+, which has a waterfall display. Motorola is known for providing the best stock experience at a budget price. Some of the popular Motorola phones are Moto G8, Moto G4 Plus, Motorola One Vision, and more. If you have a Motorola phone and looking for its Stock ROM, then this guide is for you. Here you will know How to Download Firmware for Motorola Phones officially.
One of the best things about owning a Motorola device is customer support. There are some official tools like Lenovo Mobile Assistant from Lenovo, which allows us to manage Lenovo and Motorola devices easily. Finding Motorola Stock ROM on the web might be a challenging part because you are looking at the wrong place. But don’t worry here we will guide you to download Motorola Stock ROM that you can flash with different tools.
Motorola Stock ROMs (Firmware)
Firmware or Stock ROMs are very useful in many cases like the phone is dead or bricked. Even you can use it the Firmware for upgrading and downgrading OS on Motorola phones. The method for downloading Motorola Firmware is official. By following the process that we are going to share can be used for all the Motorola phones, including the latest phones like Motorola One Macro, Motorola Edge, Motorola One Vision, Motorola G8, and others.
Motorola gives full liberty to its users for unlocking bootloader, which means we can easily root and modify our phones. And in the case during modification, if the device gets bricked, stuck in a boot loop, stuck at boot logo, then you can easily fix using official firmware.
Download Motorola Firmware for your Phone [Stock ROM]
We are going to use the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant/Rescue and Smart Assistant tool from Lenovo to download Motorola Stock ROMs. We have already made one guide on the Moto Assistant Tool for managing Motorola devices. It is a very powerful tool used for many purposes and supports all the Motorola and Lenovo phones. It means you can download Motorola Stock ROMs as well as Lenovo Stock ROMs. Firmware is capable of reviving dead phones, and it will make your device just like the new one.
Follow the below step by step guide to Download Motorola Firmware for your device. It requires the same Motorola phone for which you want to download the Firmware.
- If your device is working, then make sure to take a backup, just to make sure you have a backup if data is lost. It is a safe method, but still you should take a backup.
- Download the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant (new name – Rescue & Smart Assistant) tool on your computer and Install it.
- Connect your computer to the Internet and open the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant tool.
- In the tool, switch to the Flash tab (for new version click on Rescue section).
- In the flash section, you will get two options Upgrade and Rescue. Here you need to select the Switch to Rescue button.
- Now select the ‘Moto Phone’ option and choose your device model.
- After selecting the Product Name and Model number, you need to connect your phone into fastboot mode. Power off your phone, then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together until you see the Fastboot mode.
- Once the device is in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to the computer.
- The tool will detect your phone and display the available Motorola Firmware. Click on the download icon, which will be right next to the firmware.
- You can track the download progress in the Download section (Click on three bars and select Download).
- After downloading the Motorola Firmware will be saved in C:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download location.
That’s all you have to do for downloading Motorola Stock ROMs. This is the official method and easy to use. As it takes data directly from official servers, the downloading speed will be better than any third party website. And you don’t have to pay for good speed.
You May Also Like | How to Unbrick Motorola Phones (Fix Bootloop & Hard Brick)
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Download Firmware for Motorola Phones. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.