Xiaomi is undoubtedly the best OEM when it comes to custom modifications. Not just only applying themes but also Xiaomi allows us to bump up privilege on our Xiaomi phones. Yes, I am talking about the unlock bootloader, the OEM allows us to easily unlock bootloader using their official Mi Unlock Tool. So, if you are planning to unlock the bootloader of a Xiaomi phone, this guide is for you. Here you will get to download Mi Unlock Tool and a guide to use Mi Unlock Tool.
Xiaomi phones are quite popular among developers and get many custom development projects. Such projects include custom Roms, Custom Recoveries, GSI, custom Kernels, and more. The main reason is the availability of all required tools such as Mi unlock tool, Mi flash tool, Mi recovery tool, Mi account bypass tool, etc. Another big reason is Xiaomi doesn’t restrict us from unlocking bootloader.
What is Mi Unlock Tool?
Mi Unlock Tool is a utility tool for Xiaomi phones which is used for unlocking bootloader. The Mi Unlock Tool is for only Xiaomi devices including Redmi, Mi, and Mi Note series. It is a small tool for the Windows platform which makes the unlocking process much easier for Xiaomi users. Mi unlock tool is an official tool from Xiaomi and it is different from the Mi Account unlock tool.
The Mi Account unlock tool is used to bypass the Mi account whereas the Mi Unlock tool allows us to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones. Mi Unlock Tool is also known as Mi flashing unlock tool because after unlocking the bootloader with this tool, you can flash your Xiaomi phones.
Why do you need to unlock the bootloader?
If you don’t know about the bootloader, then most probably the bootloader is locked for your phones. By default, all Android phones come with locked bootloader which is a part of Android security. It restricts us from rooting, installing custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, applying advanced commands, and more. So, to get these privileges on any phone, we need to unlock bootloader. It is also applicable for Xiaomi phones.
Luckily Xiaomi allows us to unlock bootloader of our Xiaomi phones using the Mi Unlock Tool. It is a necessary tool that you need to unlock the bootloader.
Download Mi Unlock Tool (All Versions)
Mi Unlock Tool has been available for years and Xiaomi keeps updating the tool frequently. You can always use the latest version of Mi Unlock Tool for unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi phones. But sometimes the latest version doesn’t work for some phones, and in that case older versions come to the rescue. And so we have included some of the older versions of Mi Unlock Tool so that you can try unlocking bootloader with any specific version you want.
Mi Unlock Tool Download Links:
- Mi Unlock Tool v22.214.171.124 (Latest) – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v4.5.813.51 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v4.5.707.49 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v4.5.514.47 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.910.35 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.724.32 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.719.27 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1128.45 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1108.44 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1030.37 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.4.703.18 – Download
- Mi Unlock Tool v3.3.1212.33 – Download
Mi Unlock Tool Features:
Unlock Bootloader: The Mi Unlock Tool is a small official application from Xiaomi which allows us to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Phones.
Support All Xiaomi Phones: The tool allows unlocking bootloader of all Xiaomi phones. You can use the tool for all Redmi, and Mi devices.
Portable Tool: Mi unlock tool comes with executable files which you can use in any Windows version. And it doesn’t require installation.
Root Support: The Mi Unlock Tool is a window to root. Root privilege can be gained after unlocking the bootloader with the help of Mi Unlock Tool.
Steps to use Mi Unlock Tool to Unlock Bootloader
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from the download section. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer. Take a full backup as it will wipe all the data.
- Now open Settings and log in to your Mi Account. Then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting for 7 days.
- Go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Now go to About Phone in Settings. Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To access developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options. Look for enable OEM Unlocking and enable it. Also, enable USB Debugging.
- Again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Power off your device then long-press the Volume Down + Power button together to boot the Xiaomi phone into Fastboot mode. When the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone release both buttons.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool (batch_unlock.exe for new versions) and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Xiaomi phone.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now‘ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone.
So that’s all on Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool. You can now easily use the tool for unlocking bootloader of your Xiaomi phone.