Android is one of the biggest platforms which allows developers to showcase their talent. Not only official developers but anyone who wants to learn development or porting can try their hands. And what could be better than custom ROMs and Recoveries that are in trend. OrangeFox Recovery is a custom recovery and an example of custom development success and popularity. Here you get to download OrangeFox Recovery for Android.
TWRP Recovery is another example of custom recovery and most of you already know of it. And OrangeFox is a good alternative to TWRP which comes from a different team. Both TWRP and OrangeFox are hands down the best custom Recoveries out there. There are some devices for which you may not find the TWRP then you can use OrangeFox or vice versa.
The OrangeFox project has been running for years and it offers stable and good performance. No doubt that it comes with all features that we need in custom recoveries. Below you can check the list of popular features of OrangeFox as of now.
OrangeFox Recovery Features
- Synced with the latest Teamwin changes
- Designed with latest Material design 2 guidelines
- Implemented support for Flyme and MIUI OTA, and incremental block-based OTA in custom ROMs
- Included customization
- Inbuilt patches, like Magisk and password reset patch
- Password protection
- Fully open-source
- Frequently updated
The best thing about the OrangeFox Recovery is the unique and interactive UI that makes it at par with TWRP Recovery. TWRP Recovery fan base is of course more as it is in the industry for many years, but OrangeFox is also emerging. Soon we’ll be seeing OrangeFox recovery for many other phones.
At the time of writing OrangeFox R11.1 is the latest version. Below we have included the changelog so you can have an idea about its coverage.
Orange Fox R11.1 Changelog
- Add Support for terminal from filemanager
- Add file manager option to edit selected file
- Open Magisk apk as zip
- Implement ‘twrp format data’ to format /data
- Update the ZIP signature verification
- Update the initd addon
- Re-sign the internal zips
- Addon to remove survival scripts
- Flashable zip for backing up OrangeFox settings (https://cdn.ytechb.com/FFiles/OF_backup_settings.zip)
- Many UI and other fixes and enhancements
- Work-around for MTP issues after data format (if enabled by the maintainer)
You can check the latest changelog for future updates from OrangeFox official website.
Download OrangeFox Recovery for Android Phones
The official Orange Fox recovery is available for many Android phones. You can also find it for many other devices but as an unofficial build. And if you have an Android phone with unlocked bootloader you can install OrangeFox recovery. But there’s a catch, not all phones get support for custom recoveries like Orange Fox and TWRP. Mainly Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, Motorola phones are easy to get custom recoveries. But you can check and download OrangeFox for your phone using the given link.
If you don’t find your device in the list, you can still check for the unofficial build on forums like XDA. And once you have the Orange Fox recovery zip file, you can install it on your phone. Don’t worry we have provided the installation method as well.
Note: This is a common method to install OrangeFox Recovery. But there can be some additional steps for different OEMs like Samsung.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download OrangeFox recovery file from the above link
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver Or download Platform Tools on your PC
How to Install OrangeFox Recovery
If you know the TWRP installation process, it is the same for OrangeFox. But make sure to check all the steps before applying it.
- Copy the OrangeFox zip file to your phone and PC.
- Extract the zip file on your PC and copy the recovery.img to adb’s directory (C:/adb folder or Platform Tools folder).
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Go to C:/adb or Platform Tools folder. And enter CMD in the file location and hit enter.
- It will open the Command Prompt in the adb’s directory. Make sure recovery.img is in the same folder from where you open CMD.
- Now flash the OrangeFox recovery with the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing the image, press and hold Volume Up + Power button together. Release buttons when you see the OrangeFox logo. (Make sure to check the shortcut buttons for your phone to boot into Recovery).
- Once the phone is booted into OrangeFox recovery, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
- Click on Install and locate the OrangeFox recovery zip file and swipe the slider to flash it.
- After flashing, the phone will again boot into Orange Fox recovery.
- That’s it, you can enjoy the custom recovery.
If you have already installed the OrangeFox and want to update it. Then you can directly flash the latest Zip file from the recovery.
Now you can use all the features of Orange Fox recovery. Let us know which is the best feature in the recovery.
So that’s all in the guide to download Orange fox recovery with installation guide. And in case if you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section.