Android phones are quite popular because of the freedom for customization. Most OEMs provide basic customization options on their devices. But for advanced customization, you need access to system settings and files. And you can customize your device with various Modules but you need Xposed Framework for these modules to work. Here you will know how to install Xposed Framework on Android 11 phones.
Xposed is a powerful tool for Android phones that give users the opportunity to change root settings. But there is one condition that you need to have root access on your Android phone. Xposed Framework is not officially compatible with the latest Android 11. But you can get it through some workarounds.
Android 11 is the latest Android version which is now available for many devices. And remaining eligible devices will soon get the update. Rooting is not possible for all Android phones, but still, popular OEMs allow users to root their phones. And if you have rooted your phone then this guide is for you.
How to Install Xposed on Android 11
Xposed offers a wide range of advanced customization options that you can use to totally change your device’s appearance. Not only customization but it also offers great tools that only work after root access. So, make sure to root your Android phone to install Xposed on your phone.
If you have used Xposed Framework earlier, then you probably know that it requires root access. So first make sure that your phone is rooted. Below we have added prerequisites that you have to follow before the installation steps.
- Make sure the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager are installed on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone to restore if anything goes out of the plan
- Download Magisk Riru Core zip
- Download Riru Manager APK
- Download EdXposed Manager APK
- Download EdXposed YAHFA zip
Steps to Install Xposed on Android 11
Once you have all the files listed in the prerequisite it means you are good to go. So proceed below steps to install Xposed on your Android 11 device.
- Copy all the downloaded files to your phone storage.
- Now install Open the Magisk Manager app on the phone and make sure you are using the latest Magisk & Magisk Manager.
- Install Riru Manager apk and EdXposed Manager apk on your Android 11 phone.
- Open Magisk Manager again on your phone and tap on the fourth icon which will open the Modules section.
- Now tap on the ‘Install from Storage‘ button.
- Then locate and select the Riru Core zip file.
- After installing the Riru Core module, restart your Android 11 phone.
- Once the device reboots into the system, follow the same process and install the EdXposed YAHFA zip file from Magisk Manager > Modules.
- Again, reboot your phone after installing the EdXposed zip.
- Open Riru Manager app and grant root access. Then open EdXposed manager and grant root permission.
- On EdXposed manager tap on three dots on the top left and go to Modules. Enable the EdXposed Module and reboot your phone.
- Now you can use the EdXposed on your Android 11 phone without any issues.
If the device is bricked then you need to delete module files (riru-core & riru_edxposed). The file will be available to location data > adb > Modules. To delete both files reboot to custom recovery and go to Advanced > File Manager and locate files. If you don’t have a custom recovery then you can try with ADB commands.
Must Check | How to Install Xposed Framework on Android 10 (Guide)
Install Xposed Modules on Android 11
After installing the Xposed framework you are good to install Xposed Modules. Below we have added a guide to install modules.
- First download the Module that you want to install on your phone like GravityBox, Instaprefs, Xtadia, Tweaks, Adblocker, or others.
- Copy the module to your phone storage.
- Make sure the Xposed Framework is active and working (It should show green in EdXposed installer).
- Install the Module apk on your phone.
- After installing the module apk, open the EdXposed installer and click on three bars in the top left.
- Go to Modules and there you will find the Module that you installed in the last step. But it is not active right now. So, click on the box to check it.
- Then Reboot your device and the Module will start working.
You can also download Xposed modules directly from the EdXposed Installer. Or you can download Modules from the Xposed repository and install them using the above method.
So, there you have it the complete guide on how to install Xposed on Android 11 including how to install Xposed Modules. And in case if you have any questions on your mind let us know in the comment section.
3 thoughts on “How to Install Xposed Framework on Android 11 [Guide]”
All steps worked flawlessly, thanks for your hard work Ashutosh! Wish I was well enough to donate, keep up the great work Mate.
I tried this method on A10 as well n it works, so you can mention that this works on A10 also …And plz tel me how to edit my name or comments here …