Samsung Galaxy A series includes many popular phones. And every year Samsung refreshes the series by releasing new phones in the series. This year Samsung released Galaxy A53, Galaxy A33, and Galaxy A73. Last we shared the root guide for Galaxy A33. And this guide is for A53. here you will know how to root Galaxy A53 and how to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A53.
As usual, let’s first check out the quick details of Galaxy A53 before jumping into the steps. Galaxy A53 5G is a mid range phone, not a premium phone in mid-range like Galaxy A73. The phone features a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display. The display supports up to 120Hz refresh rate. It comes with Exynos 1280 processor. It comes in 4/6/8GB RAM options and 128/256GB of storage options.
The camera on the phone is also impressive. At the back, there is a 64MP main camera, 12MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth camera. And on the front, it has 32MP cameras. These are impressive specs and the device also performs great. But with root, you can unlock many other features. Along with root we will also share how to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A53 5G.
How to Root Galaxy A53 5G
Samsung phones are tough to root, but once you have rooted your phone it brings a lot of advanced options. Well, to get those advanced options you must be familiar with these features. Although rooting Galaxy A53 is tough, it is possible using the correct guide. And to root Galaxy A53, first you need to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy A53 5G. So let’s start with the unlocking process.
Samsung Galaxy A53 Unlock Bootloader
Bootloader is a security feature in Android phones which is locked by default so that in case of theft it can’t be unlocked by a person who is not the owner. But it also doesn’t let you root your phone. So in that case, first you need to unlock the bootloader and then root your phone. Samsung’s process of unlocking is common. Now let’s see how to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy A53 5G.
- Start with taking a full backup of your Galaxy A53 as the process of unlocking the bootloader will delete all data.
- After taking the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information. Locate the Build Number and Tap 7-8 times to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options. Now enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options. Also, enable USB Debugging just in case.
- After enabling the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and while holding both buttons connect your phone to your PC.
- Release both buttons once you see the Download Mode on your Galaxy A53. Now long-press the Volume Up button and Galaxy A53 will show the bootloader screen.
- Press the Volume Up button and it will unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A53. It will wipe all data. Reboot your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader of your phone, make sure to verify it by rebooting to bootloader mode. It will show if it is locked or unlocked. And now you can proceed with rooting steps.
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Download the Galaxy A53 firmware (use Samsung Downloader or Frija) – the same version as your Phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A53 with Magisk
- First extract the Galaxy A53 firmware that you downloaded on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). Now extract the boot image (boot.img.lz4) from the AP file.
- Convert the lz4 file to tar format using 7 Zip and Copy the boot tar file to your phone.
- Next install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open Magisk on your phone and click on Install.
- Now choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ on the next screen.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process. It will take a few seconds to patch the file and the output will be saved in the download folder as magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the patched tar file to your PC. Boot your Galaxy A53 into download mode.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC. On the right side of the tool, load the magisk patched file in AP. Make sure to uncheck Auto Reboot in the Options tab.
- After all this, click on the Start button (considering your phone is connected to PC). It will start flashing the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- You will get the Pass message on completion and your device will reboot. Do a factory reset, if the device is stuck in bootloop.
- After reboot, turn on the internet connection on your phone. Install the Magisk app and perform the steps that come in a dialog box.
Now you can verify the root access in Magisk or any third party root checker app. Remember you don’t need to root your phone to install custom ROMs, you only need to unlock the bootloader. You can enjoy all the apps and features that require root access. Also, if you like to try modules then you can also use various Xposed Modules on your phone. Here you can also check how to install Xposed Framework.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A53 along with a guide to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A53. And if you have any queries let us know in the comment section below.