Android 12 is the latest Android version which comes with major changes like new UI, performance boot, and various new features. It is already available as a beta for everyone and soon its stable version will be released to the public. And if you are the one who likes to have various customization tools on their phones and have already upgraded to Android 12, then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to install the Xposed framework on Android 12.
Android 12 comes with an upgrade in the default customization option, but still it lacks the freestyle customization that most of the users want. The new OS also comes with some new features and performances boost. But you can increase it all by using Xposed Modules. And to use Xposed Modules you have to install the Xposed framework on Android 12. And so we are here with the guide.
Xposed Framework is not just a channel for customization but also for a bunch of advanced features. Xposed Framework is like a medium that opens the gate for adding modules or add-ons on Android phones. It is a useful project which is successfully running over the past many years. And if you are a customization fiend you probably know about Xposed. If you want to get it on your phone, then check out the full guide.
How to Install Xposed on Android 12
Xposed helps bring all the features of a custom ROM on a stock ROM. And so, if you have Xposed Framework installed on your Android 12 device, you don’t need to flash a custom ROM for more features. But you have to use the right Xposed Modules which should be a problem as there are plenty of Modules available.
In case if you want to enjoy all the features of Xposed, you need to install Xposed Framework on your Android 12 phone. It is easy to get Xposed Framework installed if you have tried it before on other versions of Android. Xposed runs on only Android phones with root privilege which is now possible on Android 12 with the help of Magisk tool. So let’s jump into the requirement section followed by steps to install Xposed on Android 12.
- Make sure the latest Magisk is installed on your phone and your phone is rooted
- Take a full backup of your phone to restore if anything goes out of the plan
- Download Magisk Riru Core zip
- Download Riru Manager APK
- Download EdXposed Manager APK
- Download EdXposed YAHFA zip
Steps to Install Xposed Framework on Android 12
Since the official Xposed is not available for Android 12, we are going to get it through EdXposed. We will also use Magisk to first install a related magisk module to get the Xposed function. Now that you have all the required files, let’s jump into the steps below to install Xposed on Android 12 phones.
- First, copy all the downloaded apks and files to your phone storage.
- Install the Magisk app on your phone and open it. Make sure you are using the latest Magisk.
- Install Riru Manager apk and EdXposed Manager apk on your Android 12 phone.
- Open Magisk Manager on your phone and tap on the fourth icon which will open the Modules section. For this, your phone must be rooted with Magisk.
- Now tap on the ‘Install from Storage‘ button.
- In the next screen, locate and select the Riru Core zip file.
- Once the Riru Core module is installed on your Android phone, reboot it.
- And when the device reboots into the system, follow the same process and install the EdXposed YAHFA zip file from Magisk Manager > Modules.
- Again, reboot your Android 12 phone after installing the EdXposed zip.
- Now open the Riru Manager app and grant root permission. Then open EdXposed manager and grant root permission to it as well.
- On EdXposed manager, you will find three dots on the top left corner, click on them and go to Modules. Enable the EdXposed Module and reboot your phone.
- Now you can use the EdXposed on your Android 12 phone without any issues.
In case if the device is bricked then you need to delete module files (riru-core & riru_edxposed). The file will be available to location data > adb > Modules. To delete both files reboot to custom recovery and go to Advanced > File Manager and locate files. If you don’t have a custom recovery then you can try with ADB commands.
Install Xposed Modules on Android 12
Installing modules is easy if you have installed the Xposed framework on your Android phone. But there are some points where you need to give attention. So to free the hassle you can check out the steps given below.
- Download the Xposed Module that you want to install on your phone like GravityBox, Instaprefs, Xtadia, Tweaks, Adblocker, or others. You can get modules from different trusted sources.
- Now copy the module file to your phone storage.
- Make sure the Xposed Framework is active and working (It should show green in EdXposed installer).
- After confirming, install the Adblocker apk on your phone.
- And then open the EdXposed installer and click on three bars from top left.
- Go to Modules and there you will find the Module that you installed recently. But it will not be active at first, so check the box.
- Then Reboot your device and the Module will start working on your Android 12 phone.
Xposed is a framework that brings tons of customization and feature to an Android phone. And this is all possible by choosing the correct modules. But you need to explore these modules and nowadays it is hard to find the best modules. You can either download Xposed modules directly from the EdXposed installer or you can browse the modules collection in Xposed Repository.
So, there you have the complete guide on how to install Xposed on Android 12 including how to install Xposed Modules. And in case if you have any questions on your mind let us know in the comment section.