The new Motorola phone Motorola One Hyper is now the favorite of many users. Famous YouTubers like MKBHD have mentioned the Motorola One Hyper in the list of best budget smartphones. It is designed well and looks premium because of the unique stylish design. Not just the design, the performance of the phone is also great. You can also customize the smartphone to further increase the performance, which is possible by rooting the device. Here you get to know How to Root Motorola One Hyper and how to unlock bootloader on Moto One Hyper.
The Motorola One Hyper is recently released in few regions and still left to be released globally. But soon it will be announced also in other regions. So once you get your device and decide to try custom ROMs, Xposed Modules, custom themes, custom fonts or more than this guide will be helpful for you. Here you will know how to unlock bootloader on Motorola One Hyper and root it.
The rooting process requires unlocking bootloader which can void the warranty of the phone so it is advisable to root your device once you are fully aware of its disadvantages. The device has specs that can give tough competition to phones at the same price range. And there is one unique feature that it has which is available to only a few phones and that is Android One. Yes, the Moto One Hyper is an Android One device which means the device will receive at least two upcoming Android updates. But with rooting Moto One Hyper you can install the latest Android on your phone whenever you want.
How to Root Motorola One Hyper
Rooting Motorola phones are not easier if TWRP or another custom recovery is not available. It is because some version of Magisk is not able to patch boot file completely. Also, Motorola takes time to release kernel source which delays the custom development. So it means you can not get hands-on custom ROMs and Recoveries under a few months of device launch. Still, you can root your phone to get some advance and additional features on your device. But first, you need to unlock the bootloader of Motorola One Hyper so follow the below guide and proceed to root.
Motorola One Hyper Unlock Bootloader
Motorola devices also come with locked bootloader just like the other brand phones. But there is one thing which is great about Motorola is that there is no wait time for unlocking bootloader. It means even if you bought your phone one hour ago you can unlock bootloader. But the unlocking method is a bit unusual than the other phones. So make sure to follow exact steps as mentioned below to unlock bootloader on Moto One Hyper.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC. And also take a full backup of your phone as unlocking bootloader will wipe data.
- You can also install Motorola USB Driver if you want but it is not necessary.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone. Look for Build Number and tap 7 times on it and it will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Once the developer option is enabled go back to the main Settings and go to System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Completely turn off your device. Then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- When the Fastboot screen appears on phone release both buttons. And while the phone is in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to your PC.
- Then go to C:\adb location on your PC. Press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will display 5 line code. Copy the code and make it in one line, use notepad for convenience. Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Go to Motorola unlock page and click next and login with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in Notepad and paste it in the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Entering the above command will unlock bootloader on Motorola One Hyper. It will erase all the data on your phone. After unlocking, reboot and set up your device.
That’s it now the Motorola One Hyper bootloader is unlocked which means you can proceed to root your device without any obstacles. Before you start following the root steps make sure to go through requirements.
- Make sure to unlock Bootloader of Motorola One Hyper
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download th Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Must Check | Download Google Camera 6.2 for Motorola One Hyper
Root Motorola One Hyper with Magisk
- Copy the Magisk Manager apk canary build to your phone and install the app on your device.
- Extract the downloaded firmware on your PC and copy the boot.img to your phone storage. Remember the location where you are copying the file.
- Now open the Magisk Manager App on your phone and click on Install > Install. Check out the below image for convenience.
- In the next screen choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ option. And then locate the boot.img file and wait for the patching process.
- The patched file will be saved to Download folder with name patched_boot.img.
- Now copy the patched_boot.img to your computer at C:\adb location and rename the file to boot.img (patched_boot.img to boot.img).
- Power off your phone and then boot your Motorola One Hyper into Fastboot mode. And for this, long press Volume Down + Power button together until you see the Fastboot screen.
- When the phone boots to Fastboot mode, connect your Motorola One Hyper to the computer.
- In the C:\adb folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the device is connected or not, entering command should return some number id
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola One Hyper
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched file reboot your device to the system.
- Install the Magisk Manager app, skip if the app is already present.
- Complete the in-app instructions and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
Now your Motorola One Hyper is rooted and you are good to use all the root features. The device now supports all the apps that required root access. You can now apply custom boot animations, third party themes, manipulate device configuration, and more.
You Can Also Check | Download Moto Auto Flash Tool v8.2 by Jamesjerss
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Root Motorola One Hyper along with a guide to unlock the bootloader of Motorola One Hyper. In case of any error, you get while rooting the device do let us know in the comment section.