Motorola One Vision is the latest mid-range phone by Motorola owned by Lenovo. Also, it is the first phone by Motorola that powered with Samsung Exynos chipsets. Like other Android phones, it also comes with locked bootloader so if you want to unlock it so that you can modify the device. Then here’s the guide on how to unlock bootloader on Motorola One Vision.
The method to unlock bootloader is different and complex in Motorola Phones. Not all companies let users to easily unlock bootloader on their phones like Samsung, OnePlus. And also there are phones by some companies in which it is nearly impossible to unlock bootloader. But luckily Motorola allows unlocking bootloader regardless of how complex is the method. It means you can unlock bootloader on Motorola One Vision. Before going to the unlock bootloader method check out the short details of the phone.
Motorola One Vision – Details
It features a 6.3-inch ultra wide Full HD+ punch-hole display with 1080×2520 pixels resolution. Motorola One Vision is an Android One device which means it is guaranteed to get at least two Android updates. Currently, the device running on Android 9 Pie out of the box. It is powered with Samsung Exynos 9609 processor integrated with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The device is coupled with 4GB RAM onboard and 128GB of Internal Storage.
Talking about camera it has a dual rear camera setup with 48-megapixel and 5-megapixel sensors. And at the front, it has a single 25-megapixel selfie camera. Motorola One Vision packs with a 3500mAh battery with TurboPower charging. No wonder that this device is packed with amazing specs but unlocking bootloader on Motorola One Vision will give opportunity to unleash its real power.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Vision
Unlocking bootloader opens the portal for users on their phones to modify it as user wants. After unlocking bootloader you can root your phone, install TWRP Recovery, install Custom ROMs and much more. So if you are into the modification then the first step will always be to unlock bootloader. Follow the below step by step guide to unlock bootloader on your Motorola One Vision.
- Take a full backup of data (Unlocking bootloader will delete all the data)
- Install Motorola USB Drivers on PC
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download Platform Tools
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- Extract the Platform Tools zip file on your PC.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone section.
- Tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Now go to Developer Option and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Power off your phone using the Power button.
- Press & Hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release all the buttons when Fastboot screen appears.
- Connect the phone to PC while in Fastboot mode.
- In platform tools folder, press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Enter the below command to get unlock code
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will display 5 line code. Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use notepad. Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Go to Motorola unlock page and click next and login with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one line code that you just adjusted and paste it in the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- You will receive a code in your Email. Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in below command and press Enter.
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Again enter the above command and it will unlock bootloader on Motorola One Vision. Also it will delete all the data from your phone.
- After unlocking, reboot and setup your device.
- Done. Now you can modify your device as you want.
So this is the step by step guide on Motorola One vision to unlock bootloader. This is the easiest guide and also it is the official guide confirmed by Motorola. This is it for this guide and I hope you a good day.