For the past few months, Samsung has been rolling out its newest One UI 3.0 based Android 11 update for a list of Galaxy phones including a few Galaxy tablets. Now the company seeds latest update to its rugged smartphone. Yes, the Galaxy Xcover Pro is the first rugged phone to receive its first major OS update in the form of Android 11. Here’s everything you need to know about Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Android 11 Update.
Android 11 for Galaxy Xcover Pro is available for various markets around the world, the list includes Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, UAE, and UK. The newer build for rugged smartphone goes official with the G715FNXXU7BUA8 build number. It requires a chunk of data for downloading the latest patch.
The latest update bags a list of new features to the Galaxy Xcover Pro, it also knocks up with the January 2021 monthly security patch. Talking about the features, then the list includes a slew of customization-based features like ability to add widget on lock screen, dynamic lock screen gets image categories, you can now add photo or video as a background for calls, adjustments for AOD, along with other One UI 3.0 features. Here you can check the complete changelog of the update.
One UI 3.0 Update for Galaxy Xcover Pro – What’s New
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI 3 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI 3 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Adjusting the Always On Display and Lock screen is easier.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app icon on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories and Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Made it easier to paste copied images and verification codes from text messages.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
Maintain a healthy balance between work and life by minimizing repetitive and complicated tasks and handling them efficiently.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life, including a setting to return everything to the way it was before the routine ran.
- New routines will be recommended based on your daily life and control your routines.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files.
- You can now delete cache files in My Files to easily free up storage space.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also quick-launch Android Auto by selecting it from the Connections menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your digital habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports. You can also use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI 3 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when Talkback is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- In Clock, you can hear the time and preset name of the alarm read aloud when an alarm rings.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Android 11 Update (One UI 3.0)
The newest update is already live in a list of countries, it is rolling over-the-air and might take some time to reach every unit. Till then, you can check the software updates manually from the device’s settings. You can check the updates manually by heading over to the Settings > Software update. If you’ve not received the OTA notification on your device, then try checking it manually.
If you’re in a haste and want to access the features of Android 11 based One UI 3.0 on your Galaxy Xcover Pro, then you can also manually sideload the firmware on your device.
If you’re in a haste, then you update your device manually, using Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the file to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S21 Wallpapers
- Best Galaxy Themes for Samsung Phones
- How to Play FAU-G on any Android
- How to Delete Apps on Apple Watch