Realme X is one of the trending phones with the latest pop up camera design in a mid-range price. It was released on July 15, now it has been more than a month since its release. And finally the Realme X development started appearing, and the first development work is Unofficial TWRP Recovery. If you want to install TWRP Recovery on your phone then this guide is for you. Here you can download TWRP Recovery for Realme X with installation guide.
TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery project by TeamWin and now it has become the most popular custom recovery for Android phones. Many of the developers are working on the TWRP Recovery that’s the reason for early releases of TWRP Recovery for most of the phones. Realme X is one of the powerful mid-range phones and it is quite popular, so how can it lack behind in terms of development. The unofficial TWRP Recovery is now available for Realme X which is stable and working without any major bug. It means you will not notice any bug.
Why Do You Need TWRP Recovery
TWRP is used for many purposes like installing zip files such as custom ROMs, Magisk, and other flashable zips. Other than flashing TWRP also has Backup, ADB sideload, partitioning, wipe and more. So if you are planning to try a custom ROM then you should first install the TWRP recovery. I hope this gives you the answer that you were looking for. Now let’s move to the TWRP download section.
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme X (TWRP 3.3)
The TWRP 3.3.x is the latest TWRP which is now available for Realme X. All credit goes to the mauronofrio for sharing the unofficial TWRP recovery. It can take time for developers to release official TWRP recovery because the testing phase could take a long time. But till then you can use the unofficial TWRP for Realme X.
After downloading the TWRP Recovery image file you can proceed to the installation instructions. But if you already know the process then you can skip the guide. Although I will recommend everyone to go through with installing procedure.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme X
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X
For Realme phones, there is no tool to flash any zip or image file like the Odin flash tool for Samsung. So, in this case, we generally use the universal method which is ADB commands. If you have never tried flashing a file using ADB commands then you must read the guide very carefully. Let’s now get to the requirements and the steps.
- The bootloader must be unlocked
- Take a full backup of data to ensure no data loss
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone and tap Version 7 times and it will return ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to Settings and then navigate to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options enable USB Debugging and also make sure OEM unlocking is enabled.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP file and paste to C:\adb location. Also, change its name to twrp.img (twrp-3.3.1-9-RMX1901-mauronofrio.img to twrp.img).
- In the same location, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In Command window enter the below command
- The above command will trigger a pop up so allow it. And then enter the below command
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone is in bootloader mode enter the below command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will flash the TWRP recovery on your phone. Now you can reboot your phone to the system by entering the below command.
- That’s it the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Realme X. If you want to boot into TWRP Recovery then first power off your phone. And then press & hold Volume Up + Power button together.
- When you see the TWRP sign then release the buttons. Now you are in TWRP Recovery.
There you have it the complete guide to download TWRP Recovery for Realme X with full installation guide. With TWRP Recovery you can fix bootloop any time. And you can also flash Custom ROM & Custom Kernel whenever you want. There are more features of TWRP which is very helpful in daily use.
If you get any error during installation or link is expired then write in the comment section and we will reply with the solution.
- How to Enter Fastboot Mode on Realme X (Download Mode)
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 3 & 3 Pro
- How to Root Realme 3i with Magisk (2 Working Methods)