Recently we have shared a guide to install TWRP Recovery for Realme 3i which means you can now easily root your phone. Here you will know how to root Realme 3i with Magisk.
Realme 3i is the base variant or we can call it the lite version of Realme 3 & 3 Pro. The development for Realme 3i has already started and the first unofficial TWRP Recovery is now available. If you are waiting to root your phone then this guide will help you to root your phone. I will suggest that root your phone only if you know it’s advantages and disadvantages.
Magisk is used to root Android phones systemless and it is recommended by every developer. It is easy to root with Magisk if a custom recovery like TWRP is installed on your phone. However you can also root your phone if TWRP Recovery is not installed, we will write the method below. So this guide will help you to root Realme 3i with or without TWRP Recovery. Let’s now dive into the step by step guide.
How to Root Realme 3i
Rooting will give you the root access (access to system files and settings) of your phone. You can remove or uninstall junk apps (bloatware) that come preinstalled on your phone if you have the root access. First, we will share the method to root Realme 3i with TWRP and then without TWRP Recovery.
Root Realme 3i using TWRP & Magisk
- Bootloader must be unlocked
- Install TWRP on Realme 3i (Follow this guide)
- Download Magisk Zip & APK
- Copy the Magisk Zip & APK on your Realme 3i.
- Power off your device.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Down + Power button together.
- When TWRP icon appears, release the buttons.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install.
- Locate and select the Magisk Zip and flash the file to root your Realme 3i.
- After flashing the Magisk Reboot into the system.
- Now install the Magisk APK to manage root access on your Realme 3i.
Root Realme 3i without TWRP Recovery
- Download Firmware for your phone (Same version that installed on your phone)
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- In PC extract the firmware and find the boot.img file.
- Copy the boot.img file on Phone storage.
- Install Magisk on your phone and open it.
- Click on Install > Install and then choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Locate & select the boot.img file to patch.
- After patching the image file it will be stored in the Download folder.
- Copy the Magisk_patched image file to PC (C:\adb). And change its name to boot.img.
- Enable USB debugging and connect your phone to PC.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot mode by entering below command
adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will now boot into Fastboot mode. Go to C:\adb location on your PC.
- Press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to root Realme 3i.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now reboot your phone into the system. Now open Magisk Manager and it will show that Magisk is installed it means your Realme 3i is rooted.
- If it asks to update Magisk then update and Enjoy.
These are the two methods to root Realme 3i with Magisk. After rooting your phone you can use all the apps that ask for root access like Titanium Backup, Root explorer and more. If you know about Root then rooting will make your phone easier to use. You will have access to all the files and settings that come in the phone. It also lets users edit build.prop file. So these are some advantage that rooting will provide.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 3 & 3 Pro
If you are unable to root or any method is not working then let us know by writing a comment down below. We will provide the solution quickly. For more Realme 3i guides keep visiting YTECHB and enjoy.