ADB Sideload is one of the best options to sideload ROMs and Mods on Android Phones. So if you don’t know How to Sideload ROMs and Mods using ADB Sideload then this guide will help you to understand the ADB Sideload and how to use it.
To connect Android Phone with PC Android SDK package act as a bridge. And ADB is an important part of the Android SDK Tool. So with the help of ADB, you can easily connect any Android Phone with any Computer. ADB Sideload provides an environment to install zip files like ROMs and Mods with the help of commands. ADB Sideload works on many devices like Android Phones, VR Headsets, Android TVs, and many other devices.
If you are using Android Phones then you must have heard about ADB at least once. ADB is very useful and can be used for many tasks, but only if you are aware of it. Android Platform allows users to control ADB, but it requires permission from users to work. Allow USB Debugging on your phone and you will be able to use it whenever you want.
Read Guide: How to Enable USB Debugging on Android Phones
Important Uses of ADB Sideload
1. ADB Sideload is helpful the most when you have the zip file (Custom ROM, Recovery, App Mods) on your PC and you are not able to transfer it to your phone. However, you can use it in any case even if you have the files on your phone.
2. If your device is bricked then ADB Sideload is the lifesaver. You can use the ADB Sideload to Install Custom ROM or Firmware to fix your device. All this could be easily done with some commands. Let’s see how you can use ADB Sideload to Install ROMs and Mods or any other Zip.
3. If an OTA update is released for your phone model but you didn’t receive it and want to update anyway. Then you can download the update zip from trusted sources and then install it from ADB Sideload.
Sideload ROMs & Mods using ADB Sideload
Steps to Sideload ROMs & Mods
- Download Platform Tools and Extract it using Winzip or WinRAR.
- Copy all the zip files you want to install in the Platform tools folder.
- Now connect your Device with PC using a USB cable.
- In Platform Tools, press Shift + Right-Click on an empty area. And click on “Open Powershell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter a command: adb devices
- If a pop up appears on your phone then simply allows USB Debugging.
- Now enter a command to reboot into Recovery: adb reboot recovery
- In custom Recovery on your phone, open sideload option
- To install via Sideload enter the command: adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait for the process completion and then disconnect your phone.
- Now Reboot your phone.
- That’s it! this way you can install any zip files using ADB Sideload method.
So there you have it, the simple and effective guide to install ROMs and Mods using via ADB Sideload. Now you know how to use ADB Sideload and this is going to help you many times. If you have any queries regarding ADB Sideload ask in the comment section.