Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is the successor of Redmi Note 6 smartphone. Redmi Note series is a well known series because of reasonable price and great specs. If you have Redmi Note 7 and want to root Redmi Note 7 then this guide will be helpful. Here you will know How to Root Redmi Note 7 with Magisk and TWRP.
Redmi Note 7 comes with some great specs which make the smartphone better than others at its price range. Recently we have shared the guide to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 7, and now here we are with the next guide to root Redmi note 7 with TWRP installation.
How to Root Redmi Note 7
Till now the official TWRP recovery for Redmi note 7 is not released so here we will be using an another ported TWRP recovery. The guide is split into two different sections first to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 and another to Root Redmi Note 7. Follow the prerequisite and download section to get tools and required steps that will be used in this guide.
- Bootloader should be unlocked on Redmi Note 7
- Take a full backup of Redmi Note 7 (To recover if something goes wrong)
- TWRP Recovery
- Magisk Zip and APK (Latest)
- Magisk 18.1 (If latest Magisk doesn’t work)
- ADB & Fastboot drivers
Enable USB Debugging on Redmi Note 7
- Open Settings on your Redmi Note 7.
- Go to About Phone. Now tap on MIUI Version continuously until it says you are now a developer.
- Go back to Settings and this time go to Additional Settings > Developer options.
- In Developer options, scroll down and enable USB Debugging. Also, make sure OEM unlock is enabled.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC if not installed.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery image file to C:\adb location.
- Rename the TWRP recovery image file to twrp (to avoid typing whole name).
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable.
- Now in C:\adb location press Shift + Right click on an empty area and click on “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here“.
- Enter the following command to check device is connected properly
- A prompt screen will appear on phone for confirmation just Accept it.
- Enter the following command to boot the device into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- You can also boot the device into bootloader. Just turn off the phone and press & hold Vol down + Power button together.
- Once you are in fastboot mode, enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Redmi note 7
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Do not restart the phone now, otherwise the stock recovery will replace the TWRP recovery on next boot. Just follow the below steps to avoid any problem.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery using the following command
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery go to Reboot > System.
TWRP Recovery is now installed on your phone. Now you can flash any zip file you want and try new custom recoveries, custom ROMs, custom kernels etc. Now you can easily root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 with just few steps.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 7
- Copy the Magisk Zip and APK file to phone and remember the location.
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Vol Up + Power button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install and locate the Magisk zip file. Swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root Redmi Note 7.
- After flashing the Mazisk zip Reboot into System.
- Now Install the Magisk APK to manage root access on Redmi Note 7.
That’s all you have to do to root your Redmi Note 7. And now you are eligible to try custom ROMs and other modification files. You can also fix any issues by flashing the fix zip file. Below are the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 which makes the device worthy.
Redmi Note 7 – Details
The device features 6.3-inch FHD+ (1080×2340 pixels) display with dot notch design. Redmi Note 7 comes with MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie OS. It is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 an Octa-core processor. It is coupled with 4GB/6GB RAM along with 64GB/128GB Internal storage respectively.
Talking about the camera specs, the device comes with a dual rear camera setup which contains a 48-megapixel main sensor and 5-megapixel secondary sensor. The rear camera is able to record Max 4k video at 30fps. At the front, it has a 13-megapixel selfie camera for portrait mode support. Redmi Note 7 boasts a 4000mAh battery.
Now that you have a rooted phone you should also know about the advantages and disadvantages of Root so that you can take full advantage of Root.
Advantages of Root
Root gives full control to users over their phones. After root users have access to system folders. Below are some more features that you should know
- Easy customization with root Apps
- Full phone backup (Apps with data)
- Block unwanted Ads
- Remove pre-installed bloatware
- Flash files without booting into custom recovery
- Easy installation of Custom ROM, custom Recovery
- Install official updates using firmware file
And there are many more advantages that you will know while using the rooted phone.
Disadvantages of Root
Just like advantages, Rooting a phone also has some disadvantages that might be helpful if you know these disadvantages.
- No longer official OTA updates
- Payment app may not work
- Warranty may be void
- It causes more vulnerability
Now you know the advantages and disadvantages of Root. The knowledge of root will help you to minimize the disadvantage to a minimum for secure user experience.
So this is it in the guide to root Redmi Note 7. Keep visiting YTECHB for more guides on Redmi Note 7.
Related to Root:
2 thoughts on “How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 with Magisk and TWRP”
At 8 : error: cannot open ‘twrp.img’ What can I do ?
You need to rename your twrp recovery image file to twrp.img and then enter the given command.