Having trouble using Google Pay and PhonePe on Rooted phone or phone running on custom ROM? Then try this guide to use Google Pay and PhonePe on Rooted Phones.
Google Pay and PhonePe are the most used banking App in India. Both are reliable and most importantly both are secure. Taking Security as one of the major concern Google Pay and PhonePe doesn’t allow users to use App on vulnerable phones. But if you are confident that you are using a secure custom ROM or secure rooted device then follow this guide to make Google Pay and PhonePe work on rooted phones.
There is more than one method to use PhonePe and Google Pay on rooted phones. But first, we will start with the safest method for banking apps.
How to Use PhonePe and Google Pay on Rooted Phones
Magisk is used for Systemless root. And if you have rooted your phone with Magisk then this process is going to be easy for you. But those who have not used Magisk have to first flash Magisk zip on their phone. Read the guide on How to Install Magisk and Root Android Phone.
- Open Magisk Manager App on your Phone.
- Now Tap on “Tap to start SafetyNet check”. If your device passes the test then move to 4th step. If not follow 3rd step.
- In the Magisk Manager go to Downloads. Search ‘magiskhide’ and Install MagiskHide Props Config. After reboot again check SafetyNet status. If still it does not passes the test try re-flashing Magisk.zip.
- Go to Magisk Settings and make sure that MagiskHide is enabled. Also, Tap on Systemless hosts to add Systemless hosts module.
- Tap on three bars and open MagiskHide.
- Now check Google Pay and PhonePe.
- You can now successfully use PhonePe and Google Pay on a rooted phone.
So this way you can use Google Pay on rooted phones and also PhonePe on rooted phones. Make sure to use this guide instead of the less secure method which is given below.
How to Use Google Pay on Rooted Phones
If the first method didn’t work then you can try this method to run Google Pay app on rooted phones.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Apps & Notifications and then tap on Google Pay.
- Tap on Force Stop and allow if it asks for permission.
- Now in Google Pay App info open Storage.
- Perform Clear Cache & Clear Storage action.
- Now go back to Apps & Notifications settings and tap on Google Play Services.
- Go to permissions and disallow Call logs, Contacts, SMS, and Telephone.
- Now open Google Pay app and perform sign in.
- This time you can easily login to your account without any error.
So this is how you can use Google Pay on Rooted phones. Now you don’t have to worry about using Google Pay alongside with Rooted or Custom OS. Similar way you can also use other banking apps without any issues on your rooted phone.
I hope that this guide answered all your questions regarding the use of banking apps on rooted phones. And still, if you have any questions in mind feel free to ask on the comment section. You can even ask any queries on our Facebook page.
Read More Guides: