Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is one of the latest and popular budget smartphone which comes with great Specs. Getting the maximum performance from the device is always a good option. And to get Maximum camera performance you have to use Google Camera. But to install Google Camera first enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Redmi Note 6 Pro – Details
The device is large and features a big 6.26-inch FHD+ (1080×2280) display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It comes with latest MIUI 9 based on Android 8.1 out of the box. Redmi Note 6 Pro is powered with Snapdragon 636 SoC with 4 GB RAM onboard. It has 64 GB Internal storage where about 52 GB available to users.
Talking about its camera, it has dual 12 MP + 5 MP rear camera which can record videos in 108p @30fps. And on the front, it has dual 20 MP + 2 MP selfie camera setup which can also record 1080p videos @30fps. Just like Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 5 it also packs with a 4000mAh battery.
Also Check: Download Redmi Note 6 Pro Stock Wallpapers
How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro
This guide will help you to enable Camera2 API on your Redmi Note 6 Pro without root. After enabling the Camera2 API you can use Manual camera, Google Camera or GCam on your phone for better photos. But first, you have to do the following steps:
- Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro (Read this guide)
So bootloader should be unlocked and TWRP Recovery should be installed. And then you will be able to enable Camera2 API on your phone. So let’s get continue with the steps.
1) Download Camera2_API_note6pro.zip on your phone.
2) Completely turn off your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
3) Press and hold Volume Up + Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
4) In TWRP Recovery go to Install.
5) Locate Camera2_API_note6pro.zip and click on it.
6) It will ask for confirmation, so swipe the slider to confirm flash.
7) After flashing the zip file Reboot into System.
8) First boot up will take some time after flashing.
Now you can install Manual Camera checker for testing the status of Camera2API. If Manual Camera checker returns all test green, it means that the Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro is enabled. And you can install Google Camera.
Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro
1) Download Google Camera APK on your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
2) Click on the APK and it will ask for permission.
3) Allow installation from an unknown source and install the APK.
4) Now open the Google Camera App and enjoy its awesome features.
You can also use Night sight feature on the latest Modded Google camera app without any error. Google Camera is always preferred if you want to capture amazing and realistic photos on your phone.
So this was a quick guide to enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro and install Google Camera. If you have any queries about anything related to Redmi Note 6 Pro, then use the comment section and also you can ask queries from Author on Facebook.
4 thoughts on “How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro”
did not work for my redmi note 6 pro.
Can you describe the error that you get while following the procedure? It will help us to give the exact solution for your query.
I do it with no error, but the camera2api won’t enabled on MIUI 11
This should be working as it worked for many users. Try one more time to enable camera2api.