Redmi K30 comes in two different modem variant 4G and 5G. In some regions, the 4G variant is available with the name Poco X2. Recently Xiaomi has released the Redmi K30 5G kernel source which means the development is about to take off. Soon Custom ROMs will be available for the Redmi K30. But to experience custom ROMs you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. And luckily the TWRP Recovery is available for both Redmi K30 4G & 5G variant. Here you can Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi K30 and how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Redmi K30.
Once again the same developer who is known for porting TWRP recovery for Xiaomi devices brings the TWRP for Redmi K30. All thanks to developer wzsx150 for the Redmi K30 TWRP recovery. It means you can easily root, install custom ROMs, flash various fix, flash modules and much more. The well known Xiaomi European ROM (Xiaomi.eu) which is better than the stock MIUI ROM. It comes with clean UI and no ads in it.
Xiaomi.eu ROM comes with all the same features as MIUI but it is better in RAM management, speed, charging and more. The ROM also supports third-party themes for customizing the device. So if you like to try different custom ROMs or a clean ROM then this guide is for you. Here you will learn how to flash Custom ROM on Redmi K30 either 4G or 5G.
TWRP Recovery for Redmi K30 4G/5G
TWRP is a custom recovery and a popular running project which is available for most of the Android phones. It is way more advanced than the stock recovery which allows to sideload files, create and restore backups, flash files, encrypt/decrypt storage, create partition and more. So if you decide to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi K30.
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi K30 (4G & 5G)
Thanks to the developer wzsx150 for the TWRP recoveries. It is tested by many users and it is working great without any issues. And if you want to try Xiaomi.eu ROM then a custom recovery is the only passage to get it on your phone. The TWRP Recovery is available for both 4G & 5G variant of Redmi K30. Use the below given links to download it for your device.
Once you have downloaded the TWRP Recovery for your device you are set to install it on your device. But before that make sure to go through the requirements given below.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked of your phone (Guide)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone
Must Check | Download Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi K30
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30
- After downloading extract it on your computer.
- Copy the TWRP recovery file from extracted folder to C:\adb location.
- And rename it to recovery.img for convenience (recovery-TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150.img to recovery.img).
- Now turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together until it boots into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer when it is in Fastboot Mode.
- In C:\adb, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Now enter the below command to check if the device is connected, it should return some id after entering the command.
- If the device is connected enter the below command to install TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The TWRP is now installed on Redmi K30. So reboot into the system by using the command.
- That’s all, now the device will boot into the system.
Once you have installed the TWRP Recovery on your Redmi K30, then you can flash Xiaomi.eu ROM easily. Below you will find the guide to install the ROM on your device. Follow the below steps in case you want to use the clean and better ROM.
You May Also Like | Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool for Windows [32 & 64 bit] (All Versions)
How to Install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Redmi K30
The Xiaomi.eu ROM is available for vast devices and Redmi K30 is also on the list. You can download the latest Xiaomi.eu based on MIUI 11 directly from the official page or the project page. Let’s get into the steps to flash Xiaomi.eu ROM.
- Download the Xiaomi.eu ROM for your device from this link. Download the ROM that is released after 10th Feb.
- Copy the downloaded ROM zip file on your phone.
- Once you have the ROM on your phone turn it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together. Release both buttons when the TWRP icon comes.
- Now it will boot into TWRP Recovery with multiple options.
- Click on the Install option and then select the Xiaomi.eu ROM zip.
- Then swipe the slider to flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM on your Redmi K30.
- After flashing go back to TWRP home then go to Wipe > Advance Wipe, select the cache and wipe cache.
- Then go back to TWRP home and this time select Reboot > System.
The device will boot into the system, so set up your device and then you can use the great Xiaomi.eu ROM based on MIUI 11 on your Redmi K30. If you are using it for the first time then you will definitely not going back to stock MIUI ROM. You will see some changes compared to the stock MIUI like icons. You can update by flashing the newer version without deleting any data.
So there you have it the complete guide on Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi K30 and how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Redmi K30. You can also install other custom ROMs with similar instructions. In case if you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section below.