Redmi K30 is the latest phone in the K series from Xiaomi. It is a successor of flagship smartphone Redmi K20 and comes with a lot of enhanced features. In Redmi K30, Xiaomi dropped the pop-up camera and replaced it with a punch-hole camera. And also at the rear now this newly launched K30 phone has four cameras. You can imagine the performance of the phone by following its specifications. And to improve the performance of any device users have the option to modify like root. Here you will know How to Root Redmi K30 and how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi K30.
Redmi K30 is also popular since its release just like its predecessor Redmi K20. Users like the Redmi series phones not just because of its features but also because the brand is favorite for custom developers. Yes, there are many developers interested in Redmi Phones development because of a large number of Xiaomi phone users. And Redmi K30 is no exception, soon the custom development for K30 will start and you will see popular custom ROM for the phone. The root guide is already available for Redmi K30 and you will get to know more about it on this guide.
Rooting the Redmi K30 will give you the authority to run your phone at a full potential which you can’t do without rooting. You can customize your device as you want like changing system fonts, custom boot animations, third party themes, Xposed modules and more. To root Xiaomi Redmi K30 you also need to unlock bootloader for which you can find the guide below along with the root guide.
How to Root Redmi K30
Xiaomi Redmi K30 is not a flagship device but it will amaze you with its top-notch performance. And you can increase the performance of your phone with some system tweaks. And here comes the role of rooting which is required if you want to customize your phone. There are two effective ways to root Redmi K30, the first one is rooting with TWRP Recovery and another is Magisk Patched boot image. But till the time of writing the TWRP is not available so we will be using the Magisk Patched Image to root Redmi K30. But you need to know how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi K30.
Redmi K30 Unlock Bootloader
Just like the other phones Redmi K30 also comes with locked bootloader. And Xiaomi is one of the brands which let users unlock their phones. And if you are unaware of the unlocking method then you can follow the below method and unlock bootloader of Redmi K30.
- At first, make sure to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking bootloader will delete all data from your phone.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. And install the ADB & Fastboot Drivers on PC.
- Log in with Mi Account on your device from Settings and wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more then 7 days, then skip this step.
- Then Go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all App data at least once.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to About Phone. In About Phone tap continuously on the MIUI version until it displays ‘You are now a developer.’
- Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the active internet connection with the same number that is registered with Mi account. And then go to Mi Unlock Status (in developer options) and link your Mi Account.
- Turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release buttons when the Mi Bunny image. It will boot Redmi K30 into Fastboot Mode. Connect your PC to an active Internet network connection.
- Now open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi K30.
- Mi Unlock tool will detect your device. Then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button in the tool.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi K30 and erase all the data.
- If the tool stop before 100%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of Redmi K30 you are good to root your phone. But before you begin rooting your phone make sure to go through the requirements.
- Make sure to unlock Bootloader of Redmi K30
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
- Download the firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed)
Root Redmi K30 with Magisk Patched Image
- First copy & install the Magisk Manager APK on your phone.
- Now extract the Firmware on your PC. Open the extracted folder and copy the boot.img file to your phone.
- On your phone, open the Magisk Manager app and click on first Install > Install.
- You get to Select Method on the next screen, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- Locate the boot.img file and wait for the patching process.
- The output patched file patched_boot.img will be saved in the Download folder.
- Now copy the patched_boot.img file to your computer (C:\adb). Rename the patched_boot.img to boot.img.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Fastboot Mode with the same steps given in the unlock bootloader guide. And connect your phone to PC.
- In your computer, go to C:\adb and press Shift + Right click together on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Check the device is connected or not by entering the below command. It should show some id on entering the command
- Once the device is successfully connected, enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Redmi K30
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now reboot your device to the system by entering the below command
- When the device boots into system open Magisk Manager and follow the in-app instructions.
- That’s all you have to do and now you have root access on your phone.
So there you have the complete guide on how to root Redmi K30 and how to unlock bootloader on Redmi K30. This will now let you apply custom fonts and apps that required root access on your phone. If you come across any error while rooting the device then let us know in the comment section.