If you want to install Stock Rom or Firmware on Xiaomi devices then you need a particular tool called Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool. The Mi flash tool download links of all versions are available below. Along with the links, we have also shared how to use Mi Flash Tool on Windows 7,8, and 10.
If your phone is in bootloop or stuck at Mi logo during reboot then to solve this problem we need to flash the firmware using Mi Flash Tool. We can also use Mi Flash Tool to switch back to MIUI from any custom ROM. You can find how to flash Stock ROMs or Firmware on any Xiaomi devices using Mi Flash Tool.
What is Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool?
Mi Flash Tool is a tool by Xiaomi to flash firmware or Stock ROMs on Xiaomi devices. It is an official flash tool by Xiaomi for its smartphones. It is stable and easy to use. The tool is also used to lock the bootloader again. The best thing about the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is that even if we have TWRP installed on the device we can update OTA manually using Mi Flash Tool.
Mi Flash Tool is limited to only Xiaomi devices like Redmi Note 7/7 pro, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi 9, Mi 8, Redmi 7, etc. So if you have a Redmi or Mi series phone then you can use the tool to flash firmware and unlock bootloader.
Download Mi Flash Tool for PC
Xiaomi frequently releases updates for Mi Flash Tool with some new features. But their compatibility also changes like the latest version does not support devices launched before Mi 3. So, in that case, you can use an older version of the tool. Keeping this in mind we have also provided links to download Mi Flash Tool (All versions). You can also download Mi Flash Tool Beta from the link given below.
- Mi Flash Tool Latest – Download
- Mi Flash Tool Beta – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2018/11/15 – Download (Updated)
- Mi Flash Tool 2018/05/28 – Download (Updated)
- Mi Flash Tool 2017/12/12 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2017/04/25 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2016/12/22 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2016/08/30 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2016/04/01 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2015/10/28 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2015/07/31 – Download
- Mi Flash Tool 2015/06/01 – Download
How to Install Mi Flash Tool on Windows
Once you have downloaded the file, extract the file using any zip opener and then follow the steps carefully.
- Make sure to uninstall the previous version of Mi Flash Tool (if installed)
- It will work on both Windows 32-bit & 64-bit but not on Windows XP
- The tool will work only for Xiaomi devices with Snapdragon chipset
Note: Mi Flash Tool require .Net framework to install. So make sure that your PC already have .NET installed on it.
Steps to Install Mi Flash Tool
- Open the extracted folder and run Mi Flash Setup.msi.
- Now click Next on the prompted windows.
- Then select the location where you want to install Mi Flash tool and click Next.
- Again click Next and user access windows will be prompted click allow.
- Wait for a few seconds and when it’s completed close the window.
That’s it! Now you have successfully installed the XiaoMi Flash Tool on Windows. Now it’s time to learn how to use it?
How to use Mi Flash Tool to Flash Firmware
I assume that you have installed the Mi Flash Tool on your PC. So let’s move to the next step which is how to use it.
- Bootloader should be unlocked on the Xiaomi phone
- A USB cable is required
- Make sure that the device has at least 50% battery
- Download Stock ROM or OTA update for the specific device on which you want to flash
- Download and Install ADB & Fastoot driver on PC
Steps to Use Mi Flash Tool
- Download the Stock ROM or Firmware for your Xiaomi phone.
- Extract the downloaded .tgz file using any extractor like WinRAR (remember the extracted location).
- Power off your Xiaomi phone and then press & hold Vol down+power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Open the Mi Flash Tool on PC (search for it on the windows search bar).
- Connect your phone with PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the refresh button in Mi flash tool to check your device is connected or not. If it shows anything on the index it means that the device is connected.
- Now click on select and locate the extracted firmware folder.
- In Mi Flash Tool you will see three options below. Select clean all to wipe everything from the device, select Save user data to Save your content, or select clean all and lock to clean everything and lock the bootloader again.
- After all these steps click on flash and wait for completion.
- It will show the success message after flashing.
Done, this will automatically reboot your device, if not then reboot your device manually. The first bootup after flashing can take time so you don’t have to worry about it.
So now you know how to download Mi Flash Tool, How to install Mi Flash Tool and How to use Mi Flash Tool. If you don’t know about Xiaomi flash tool then read out in the next section.
Mi Flash Tool – Features
- Easy to flash: The tool is simple yet powerful. The process for flashing any file is very tough but this tool made it very simple. Just connect the phone in fastboot mode and select the file and click on flash.
- Inbuilt USB Drivers: Mi Flash Tool comes with inbuilt drivers that are required to detect the device and flashing the files. Drivers included like ADB driver, fastboot drivers, google drivers, Qualcomm USB serial drivers etc. Remember this feature is not available in some old Mi flash tool version. So, in that case, you may need to install ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Fast Flashing: Unlike other tools, Mi Flash tool is pretty fast and effective. It takes some time to flash according to the size of the file but faster than any other tool.
- Many Flashing options: The tool contains various options in which you can flash devices which includes clean all, save user data and clean all and lock. All these options are to be selected according to the user.
- Clean all: Select this one before flashing to wipe everything from the device including storage system data etc.
- Save user data: This can be selected when you want to keep the data untouched. But this is not recommended to use in all cases.
- Clean all & lock: Clean all is same as the above one but the lock means it will lock the bootloader again on the device.
So this was the guide and tips on Mi flash tool. If you need more information about flashing and rooting you can get on our site.