Xiaomi Flash Tool aka Mi Flash Tool lets users flash the stock firmware on Xiaomi devices. The Mi flash tool download links of all versions are available below. Along with the links, we have also shared how to use Xiaomi Flash Tool on Windows 7, 8, and 10 for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Xiaomi is one of the best brands that provide time to time updates to their phones. And the OTA updates on the Xiaomi phones are bad, Yes, the OTAs on Xiaomi phones are very bad. So, If you want to use the latest update, you need to flash your smartphone. And the only thing you need to do is, download Mi Flash Tool. You can also use the Tool to switch back to MIUI from any custom ROM. In this article, you would find the Xiaomi Flash Tool, how to use the tool, and how to flash Stock ROMs or Firmware on any Xiaomi device using Mi Flash Tool.
What is Mi Flash Tool?
Mi Flash Tool is a tool by Xiaomi to flash firmware or Stock ROMs on Xiaomi devices. It is an official flash tool by Xiaomi for its smartphones. It is stable and easy to use. The tool is also used to lock the bootloader again. The best thing about the Xiaomi Flash Tool is that even if we have TWRP installed on the device we can update OTA manually using the flasher.
Mi Flash Tool is limited to only Xiaomi devices like Redmi Note 7/7 Pro, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi 9, Mi 8, Redmi 7, etc. So if you have a Redmi or Mi series phone then you can use the tool to flash the firmware and unlock bootloader.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Mi Flash Tool – Features
- Easy to flash: The tool is simple yet powerful. The process for flashing any file is very tough but this tool made it very simple. Just connect the phone in fastboot mode and select the file and click on flash.
- Inbuilt USB Drivers: Xiaomi Flash Tool brings the drivers that are required to detect the device and flashing the files. This feature is available in newer versions only.
- Connect Multiple Devices: This tool allows you to connect multiple devices simultaneously, so you can flash multiple phones all at the same time.
- Many Flashing options: The tool contains various options in which you can flash devices which include clean all, save user data and clean all and lock. All these options are to be selected according to the user.
- Clean all: Select this one before flashing to wipe everything from the device including storage system data etc.
- Save user data: This can be selected when you want to keep the data untouched. But this is not recommended to use in all cases.
- Clean all & lock: Clean all is the same as the above one but the lock means it will lock the bootloader again on the device.
Download Mi Flash Tool
Xiaomi flash tool is available for download for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10. It works on both 32-bit and 64-bit OS. Xiaomi frequently releases updates for the Tool with some new features. If the latest version of the tool is not compatible with the smartphone you’re flashing then try flashing it using the older version of the tool. Keeping this in mind we have also provided links to download Mi Flash Tool (All versions). You can also download Mi Flash Tool Beta from the link given below.
|File Name||Download Link|
|Mi Flash Tool (New)||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool (2018/11/15) [Latest]||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool (2018/05/28) [Stable]||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool 2017/12/12||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool v7.4.25||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool v6.12.22||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool v6.8.30||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool v6.4.1||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool v5.10.28||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool 2015/07/31||Download|
|Mi Flash Tool 2015/06/01||Download|
- Make sure to uninstall the previous version of Mi Flash Tool (if installed)
- It will work on both Windows 32-bit & 64-bit but not on Windows XP
- The Miflash work only with Xiaomi devices with Snapdragon chipset
Note: Mi Flash Tool require .Net framework to install. So make sure that your PC already have .NET installed on it.
How to Install Mi Flash Tool
- Open the extracted folder and run Mi Flash Setup.msi.
- Now click Next on the prompted windows.
- Then select the location where you want to install the tool and click Next.
- Again click Next and user access windows will be prompted click allow.
- Wait for a few seconds and when it’s completed close the window.
That’s it! Now you have successfully installed the XiaoMi Flash Tool on Windows. Now it’s time to learn how to use it?
How to use Mi Flash Tool
- Download the Stock ROM or Firmware for your Xiaomi phone.
- Extract the downloaded .tgz file using any extractor like WinRAR (remember the extracted location).
- Power off your Xiaomi phone and then press & hold Vol down+power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Open the Mi Flash Tool on PC (search for it on the windows search bar).
- Connect your phone with PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the refresh button to check your device is connected or not. If it shows anything on the index it means that the device is connected.
- Now click on select and locate the extracted firmware folder.
- In this Tool, you will see three options below. Select clean all to wipe everything from the device, select Save user data to Save your content, or select clean all and lock to clean everything and lock the bootloader again.
- After all these steps click on flash and wait for completion.
- It will show the success message after flashing.
Done, this will automatically reboot your device, if not then reboot your device manually. The first bootup after flashing can take time so you don’t have to worry about it.
Still any questions in mind? Let’s take a dig at the FAQ!
What is Mi Flash Tool?
The Mi Flash Tool let users flash firmware (stock ROMs) on Xiaomi phones. So if you have any Xiaomi device then you can download Xiaomi Flash Tool.
How to Flash Xiaomi Smartphone using Mi Flash Tool?
You can simply, download the firmware and then add the flash file in the flash tool, then connect your smartphone and start flashing.
Is Mi Flash Tool available for Windows 11?
Yes, you can easily install the XiaoMi Flash Tool on Windows 10 and Windows 11 (both 32-bit & 64-bit).
Which devices are supported with Xiaomi Flash Tool?
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, 7 Pro, Redmi 5, 6, 7, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4 Pro, 5, 5 Pro, 6, 6 Pro, Mi A1, Mi A2, Mi A3, Redmi Go, Redmi Y3, Mi 8, 8 Pro, 9, 9T, and all other Xiaomi devices.
If you’re facing any issues, you can drop the comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Tools & Drivers: