Redmi K20 Pro is one of the best budget flagship smartphones and it features a display with a 60Hz refresh rate. And many of its competitors feature 90Hz display or even more. But Redmi K20 pro users will miss this on their phones by default but don’t worry we have a guide which lets you overclock the screen up to 81Hz. But it requires unlocking bootloader but not necessary to root the phone. Here you will get to know How to Overclock Redmi K20 Pro to 77Hz & 81Hz refresh rate.
If increasing the screen refresh rate is possible then who doesn’t want to take this advantage. Well if you decide to go on with a guide then you should know that what can be its negative effects. It requires users to unlock bootloader and after overclocking you will find battery backup slightly less than the usual. Increasing the refresh rate of the phone will make your display control smoother.
How to Overclock Redmi K20 Pro to 75Hz & 81Hz Refresh Rate
The guide will work on both Android 9 and Android 10 OS. If your phone is running on Android 9 then you can overclock it to Max 81Hz. And if you have updated your device to Android 10 then you can overclock the screen up to 72Hz. The guide to overclock the screen is easier than rooting the phone or unlocking bootloader. But still, you need to be careful while installing the appropriate mod on your phone.
The mod is developed by two Chinese developers ZhenXin(@realheart) and Andy Chang(@atomsand). Thanks to both developers for their amazing work which lets users experience a smoother display. You can download the mod from the below section to install it on your Redmi K20 Pro. Also, I would like to give credit to the XDA guide.
Download Overclock Mod for Redmi K20 Pro
There are various mods available for different refresh rate as well as different Android 10 OS. So make sure to download the correct file for your phone from the below links.
- 60Hz – dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_60hz
- 66Hz – dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_66hz
- 69Hz – dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_69hz
- 72Hz – dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_72hz
Once you have downloaded the file of your choice and Android version then you can follow the below guide to install the mod. But make sure to first follow prerequisites before the installation.
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data (You can also take dtbo partition backup only)
- Bootloader must be unlocked (follow this guide)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
How to Install Mod to Overclock Redmi K20 Pro Display
There are three ways to install the mod. If the bootloader is unlocked but the phone is not rooted then you can follow one of the methods from the first two methods. But if your phone is rooted then you can follow any of the three methods.
- This method requires TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery on your phone.
- Copy the downloaded mod image file to your phone.
- Turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- Release both buttons when you see the TWRP logo.
- In TWRP click on Install > Install Image.
- Locate the mod image file and select DTBO partition to which you need to flash the image.
- Then flash the image file.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy.
- Install adb & fastboot driver on your computer.
- Copy the mod image file to your computer at C:\adb location.
- Power off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot the device into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to PC when it is in Fastboot Mode.
- Go to C:\adb, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- In the command window enter the below command to flash the mod. In place of the file_name use the mod file name like dtbo_K20P_75Hz_d2e98.img.
fastboot flash dtbo file_name.img
- After flashing the device restart and enjoy.
3. Lanthanum System Toolbox App (Root)
- Install the Lanthanum System Toolbox app on your phone.
- Copy the mod image file to your phone storage.
- Open the Lanthanum app and select partition settings from the hamburger menu.
- Then again select dtbo > flash image and choose the mod image file.
- After flashing the mod reboot your phone and enjoy.
Soon we can expect the Magisk module which you can directly install from the Magisk to overclock the refresh rate of the Redmi K20 Pro screen.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to overclock Redmi K20 Pro refresh rate. If you are unable to install the image file then let us know in the comment section.