Samsung has recently added many Android smartphones in the A & M series. And Galaxy A30 is one of the latest smartphones from Samsung. If you have this smartphone and looking for a working guide to root the device, then here you will get the working method. Here you will know How to Root Samsung Galaxy A30 with Magisk.
You must be familiar with Magisk if you have rooted any phone recently. It is the best tool/package available which can easily root Android phone systemless. It gives control through which you can simply assign which App can detect that your phone is rooted. Also, Magisk brings Module support which makes everything easier in smartphones. So here we will be using Magisk but no TWRP recovery. Because right now the TWRP for Galaxy A30 is not available so you might have to wait a little longer if you want to install it. But if you want to just root galaxy A30 then follow this guide step by step.
All the Android smartphones come with bootloader locked by default which prevents users from modifications. It means you can not root your phone if the bootloader is locked on your phone. So first let’s see how you can easily unlock bootloader on your phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A30
Unlocking bootloader & rooting the phone will stop receiving OTA updates. It means you will not receive official updates from Samsung. However, you can manually install updates using Firmware. Another thing to note that Samsung Pay will not work after rooting the phone.
Note: This process will erase all the data on your phone. So make sure to backup all the data before beginning the process.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- First open Settings on your phone.
- In Settings go to About > Software and tap 7 times on Build Number to unlock Developer Options.
- Go back to Settings and open Developer options.
- In Developer Options, Enable OEM Unlocking.
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Long press Volume Up + Power button together. It will boot into Recovery, there navigate to ‘Reboot to Bootloader’ using volume down and then press Power button to select.
- Now your phone is in Download Mode.
- In Download Mode long press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. This process will erase everything on the phone. Wait for the process.
- After unlocking bootloader the phone will reboot into System.
- That’s it the bootloader is now unlocked on your phone.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you can easily root your phone following the below method. All thanks to bleedboy (Junior Member on XDA) for testing and sharing the guide.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A30
- Take a full backup of all data on your phone
- Charge the phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers (Not necessary but useful)
- Odin Tool
- Magisk Manager APK (canary build)
- 7Zip ZS
- Firmware for your phone (Version should be similar on which your phone is running)
Steps to Root Galaxy A30
- Install 7Zip ZS application on your PC and Extract the downloaded firmware on PC.
- Open the extracted folder and now extract the boot.img.lz4 from AP file.
- Right click on boot.img.lz4 and choose 7Zip ZS > Extract Here to extract boot.img.
- Copy the extracted boot.img file to Phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager APK on your Phone.
- Open Magisk Manager and click Install > Install. Then choose “Select and Patch a File” in select method option.
- Locate and select the boot.img file. It will start patching the boot image, so wait for the process.
- The patched_boot.img will be saved in Download folder, Copy the file to PC. Rename the patched_boot.img file to boot.img for convenience.
- Right click on boot.img and select 7Zip > Add to archive and select tar format. It will compress the file in tar format (output will be boot.tar).
- Power off your phone. And long press Volume Up + Power button to open Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, navigate to ‘Reboot to Bootloader’ using volume down and then press Power button to select it. The phone will now boot into Download Mode.
- Open Odin.exe file on your PC. Uncheck Auto-Reboot option.
- Connect your phone to PC while in Download Mode.
- Click on AP and locate the boot.tar file. After selecting click Start to flash it.
- It will then flash the patched boot image on your phone.
- Press Volume Down + Power button and when the screen turns off immediately press Volume Up + Power button, don’t release buttons until you see the stock recovery.
- In stock recovery select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ to wipe all the data.
- After the complete wipe, select ‘Reboot Now’ and then immediately press the Volume Up button. After vibrate you can release the button.
- Install Magisk Manager APK again and open it. It will ask to install zip file, so install it and reboot the device.
- Now your Galaxy A30 is now rooted. Enjoy!
So finally the phone is rooted with Magisk and now you have access to all the root files. You can now easily enable Camera2 API and install Google Camera for amazing photos. That’s all for the guide, Enjoy the features of Rooted phone.