Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched in February 2018, and still, it is one of the best budget phones. To improve its camera performance you can install Google Camera or any other Manual camera. But you need to first enable camera2 API on your phone. So check out the step by step guide to Enable Camera2 API On Redmi Note 5 Pro without Root.
Using Google Camera the camera performance of any Smartphone increases drastically, and the similar case is with Redmi Note 5 Pro. Google Camera takes the help of Machine Learning which helps to get good pictures even in low light. Recently with the Google Pixel 3 camera patch, Night sight is available and running like a charm. This is the easiest method to enable camera2 API without rooting the device and without installing any custom recovery.
Redmi Note 5 Pro – Details
Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa-core processor. It has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Internal storage with MicroSD support up to 128 GB. It features a 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS Display with around 403ppi. On the camera side, it has dual 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel Rear camera and a 20-megapixel front camera. To power up the device for a long time, it has a 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support.
How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro
This is a quick and easy way to enable camera2 API on Redmi Phones. After enabling the Camera2 API you will still receive official updates on Redmi Note 5 Pro. You don’t have to root your phone and also no need to install TWRP recovery. Before you begin make sure to check Prerequisite and download section.
Steps to Enable Camera2 API
- Download Platform Tools and extract it using Winzip or WinRAR.
- Download TWRP Recovery on your PC (Don’t worry you don’t need to install it). Copy the TWRP recovery in the Platform Tools folder.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power Button to boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect Redmi Note 5 Pro with PC via USB.
- Now go to extracted Platform Tools folder and hold shift and right-click on an empty area. Select “Open Command window here” or “Open Powershell window here”.
- In Command Window enter – fastboot boot twrprecoveryname.img
- When the device boot into TWRP recovery, enter the following commands one by one.
- adb shell
- setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
- setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
- This will enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro and adb shell will exit. Now enter two more commands to boot into the system
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot reboot
- Now your device will reboot into the system.
So there it is! you have successfully enabled the Camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Now download manual camera checker to check if the camera2 api is enabled.
Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Installing Google Camera is very easy. The only thing you have to do is find the working and supported port for your phone.
Download Google Camera APK and install on your phone. Make sure that you have downloaded the ported camera which works perfectly on your phone. Sometimes ported google camera does not support some devices and so you have to choose the right one.
Also See: 10 Best Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 5 Pro
So this is it in this topic. I hope you have successfully enabled the Camera2 API and enjoying Google Camera features.