Are you looking for a working guide to root Galaxy A70? If yes then here you will know how to root Samsung Galaxy A70 with Magisk but without TWRP Recovery.
As of now TWRP for Galaxy A70 is not available but we have another method to root Galaxy A70 with Odin flash tool. Nowadays rooting a Samsung phone which comes with Android Pie is very difficult because of dual layer security. Just like rooting Samsung Galaxy S10 we can also root Galaxy A70 by installing Magisk on Recovery partition. However, this method requires full attention otherwise you can brick your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A70
While rooting any Samsung phone is tough but on the other hand unlocking bootloader is very easy. On some devices like Xiaomi, Realme it takes a lot of time. So here if you are using Samsung then it’s an advantage. You should know that rooting will void the warranty, trip Knox, and no further OTA updates. So you have to compromise these things if you want to root your Galaxy A70.
Here we are going to use Magisk for systemless rooting and also it is only the possible way to root the latest Samsung Smartphones. So below you will find the detailed guide to unlock bootloader and root Galaxy A70 with Magisk. This is all possible because of Topjohnwu (Magisk creator and developer).
- Take a full backup of your phone (this method will erase all data)
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on PC
- Charge your device to at least 50%
- Download required files
- Unlock Bootloader (Follow below guide)
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A70
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone and then open Software Information.
- Tap 7 times on Build Number, it will show “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to Settings and now open Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, enable OEM Unlocking.
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power button and connect the phone to PC with a USB Cable to boot into Download Mode.
- In Download mode, Long Press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. Now it will wipe all the data and reboot into system.
- Again go to Developer Options and make sure that OEM Unlocking option is greyed out.
- That’s it now you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A70.
After unlocking bootloader you are all set to root your phone with Magisk. Simply follow all the steps carefully.
Root Galaxy A70 with Magisk
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked on your phone.
- Download the firmware for your device (the same version that is installed on your phone). Check how to download firmware for Samsung phones.
- Extract the firmware and copy AP file to Phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager (Canary channel) on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager and click on Install > Install.
- In the Select method, choose “Select and Patch a File” and locate the AP File.
- It will now patch the AP file and store it Download folder with name Magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the Magisk_patched.tar file to PC.
- Turn off your phone. Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power button together and connect it to PC using a USB cable. It will boot into Download Mode/Bootloader Mode.
- Open Odin tool on your Computer.
- In Odin tool, go to options and untick “Auto Reboot”. Now click on AP and load Magisk_patched.tar.
- After the success message, your Galaxy A70 is rooted, but you have to follow more steps to boot into a rooted system.
- Press & hold Vol Up + Vol down + Power button and when the screen goes off immediately press Vol Up + Power button to boot into Recovery mode (Do not release buttons until you see recovery).
- In Recovery go to Wipe data/factory reset using Volume button and then press the power button (to select an option). Wipe data of your phone.
- After a successful wipe select Reboot system and immediately press & hold Power + Vol Up button together and when Warning screen appears, release the buttons to boot into the rooted system.
- Setup the device, you will see Magisk Manager App installed if not install it manually and open the App and so the steps it asks.
- That’s it now you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy A70.
- Never do a system reboot. In case if you need to reboot you can follow below instructions:
- Power off your phone. Then Press & hold Vol Up + Power buttons until you see Galaxy A70 powered by Android screen. Press the Power button to check Magisk and boot.
If you do normal reboot then it will boot into the non-rooted system. But don’t worry you can follow the above method to again boot into the rooted system.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones
There you have it the complete guide to Unlock Bootloader and Root Samsung Galaxy A70 with Magisk. If any simpler method comes up I will update with the simple method. If you have any queries regarding the root you can comment down below. We will reply with the solution.