Nokia is the best brand when it comes to providing updates on Android devices. Most of the Nokia phones have already received Android 10 updates which includes Nokia 8.1, Nokia 9 Pureview, Nokia 7.2, Nokia 6.2, and even Nokia 3.2 and Nokia 2.2 got Android 10 update. So how Nokia can leave the Nokia 4.2 behind. The Nokia 4.2 smartphone starts receiving the stable Android 10 update. Nokia is taking full advantage of stock Android and releasing Android 10 update on its all devices one by one. Nokia 4.2 is an Android One device, so it was expected that it would get the update. Here’s how to Download Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Update with installation steps.
Last year we saw that Nokia is taking the update very seriously and provide updates on each device. One of the best things about Nokia is the transparency of providing updates. They provide full information related to update to its users, this we don’t get to see on other brand devices. The Android 10 update for Nokia 4.2 is currently available in specific countries for limited users. But in a week, the update will be available to all users in those specific countries. As usual Juho Sarvikas twitted about the Nokia 4.2 Android 10 update to inform users.
As Nokia phones come with stock Android and so you are going to get most of the Android 10 features that are available on Pixel phones. Android 10 on Nokia 4.2 brings features like new navigation gestures, enhanced security settings, system wide dark mode, smart reply and more. Also, the update comes with March 2020 security patch as per the changelog. The update weighs around 1.38GB and comes in the version v2.290.
Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Dark Mode – Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart Reply – Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture Navigation – Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location
- Google Security Patch (2020-03)
As per the Nokia official post, 10% users from specific countries (check countries list here) will get the update today, and by 12th April the update will be available for 50% users. And by 14th April all the users from first wave countries will get the Android 10 update. So probably users from countries that are not in the list of the first wave might have to wait for a longer.
Nokia 4.2 owners, your device just got even better! You can now update to Android 10 with all-new features available! Check here for more details and availability in different countries 👇https://t.co/l9lt6bOcQv@Nokiamobile #Android10 #Nokia4dot2 pic.twitter.com/ni6Im40UwP
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) April 9, 2020
Download Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Stable Update
The Nokia 4.2 Android 10 update is rolling out in batches, and you already know the numbers. So if you want to receive the update before 12 or immediately then you can easily install the update using Android 10 OTA file. Luckily the OTA file is available for the Nokia 4.2 which is under 1.4GB (Thanks to Piunikaweb). So in case if you want to update your Nokia 4.2 to Android 10 immediately then go ahead and download the official OTA file.
- Download Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Update [Global ROM]
- Download Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Update [European ROM]
After downloading the correct update file for your phone, you can directly install the update. If you are unaware of the installation procedure, then follow the method given below.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failure you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Nokia 4.2 to Android 10
- At first, download the Nokia 4.2 Android 10 OTA from the above official link.
- Now copy the OTA file in the root directory of the phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Rename the file, by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example, ND1-558K-0-00WW-B01-558J-0-00WW-B01-update.zip. If already ‘-update’ is included, then skip this step.
- Then open dialer app on your phone and dial *#*#874#*#* number.
- It will then prompt the update, tap on the confirm button.
- Then, click on install now and wait for the complete installation.
- That’s it.
After reboot your Nokia 4.2 will be running on the latest Android 10. Now you can also experience the Android 10 on your device with better performance compared to Android 9.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones (All) [Latest APK]
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: