Latest Nokia OST Tool is now available for Nokia phones running on Android Oreo and higher OS. The Nokia OST Tool allows us to flash Stock Firmware on Nokia phones. It supports all the firmware with nb0 format & its LA version supports .mfl file if it is formatted properly. Here you get to Download Nokia OST Tool 6.2.8.
Nokia OST is a useful Utility Software for all Nokia phone users. It is a small tool that comes with a user-friendly interface to simplify its action of use. The tool is available for the Windows platform, and it supports both 32-bit and 64-bit OS. You can use the tool to fix your bricked Nokia phone without visiting the Nokia care center.
What is Nokia OST Tool?
The expansion of Nokia OST is Nokia Online Service Tool, and it is an official Nokia Flash Tool. It let you flash Nokia Android phones, including the latest models. The tool is used by FIH Factory and Nokia Service centers to fix/upgrade/downgrade Nokia phones. It works on verified Computers to avoid the unauthorized use of the tool while the LA version of the Nokia OST Tool lets anyone use the tool.
The tool supports all the Nokia Smartphones, but for that, you need to choose the right version of the Nokia OST Tool either 6.0.4 or 6.1.2 or newer.
- Nokia OST Tool v6.0.4 – for Android 6 Marshmallow & Android 7 Nougat
- Nokia OST Tool v6.1.2 & above – for Android 8 Oreo & higher
Nokia OST Supported Devices
Here’s the list of all the Nokia phones which supports the Nokia Online Service Tool:
- Nokia 1
- Nokia 1 Plus
- Nokia 1.3
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 2.1
- Nokia 2.2
- Nokia 2.4
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 3.1
- Nokia 3.1 Plus
- Nokia 3.2
- Nokia 3.4
- Nokia 4.2
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
- Nokia 5.3
- Nokia 5.4
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1
- Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
- Nokia 6.2
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 7.1
- Nokia 7.2
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7)
- Nokia 8.3 5G
- Nokia 9 PureView
- Nokia C01 Plus
- Nokia C1 Plus
- Nokia C2
- Nokia C3
- Nokia C10
- Nokia C20
- Nokia G10
- Nokia G20
- Nokia X10
- Nokia X20
- Nokia X71
Nokia OST Supported Platforms
Here’s the list of all the supported platforms in which you can use the Nokia OST Tool:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones (All)
Download Nokia OST Tool (All Versions)
You can download both versions of the Nokia OST Tool in this section. There are a total of 4 files, two for each version. So first, check out the Android OS version on your phone and then download the Nokia OST Tool accordingly.
Nokia OST Tool (Android 6 & Android 7)
Nokia OST Tool (Android 8 & Higher)
- Nokia OST Tool 6.1.2
- Nokia OST 6.1.2 Update Tool
- Nokia OST Tool 6.1.8
- Nokia OST Tool 6.2.3
- Nokia OST Tool 6.2.8
After downloading the tool and update the tool, you need to follow the installation procedure to get the tool working. Most of the Nokia phones running on Android 8 Oreo or Android 9 Pie so here I will go with the installation of Nokia OST Tool 6.1.2, but don’t worry all share the same installation method.
Must Read | Download Nokia Flash Tool Latest Version for Windows
How to Install Nokia OST Tool
- Download both Nokia OST Tool and Update Tool on your Computer.
- Extract both compressed files (Nokia_OST_LA_6.1.2.zip & Nokia_Online_Update_Tool_6.1.2.zip) that you downloaded.
- Open the Nokia_OST_LA_6.1.2 folder and run the launcher.exe. If you see an error ‘Another version of this product is already installed’, then ignore it and click on OK.
- It will now install all three Nokia Drivers on your computer.
- After the drivers it will install the Nokia OST Tool, so follow the on-screen steps.
- Now open the Nokia_Online_Update_Tool_6.1.2 folder and copy the OnlineUpdateTool.exe.
- Go to location C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA and paste the file (It will ask to replace so click on OK).
- Then delete the OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config file from the same folder.
- That’s all, and now you can use the Nokia OST Tool to flash Nokia Firmware.
There is one more thing you need to follow before flashing Firmware on your Nokia phone. Check out the Prerequisites to know about basic requirements.
- Nokia USB Drivers (It will be auto-installed when you run launcher)
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data
Also Cheack | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia 8.1
How to Use Nokia OST Tool to Flash Nokia Firmware
- To run the Nokia OST Tool double click on the OnlineUpdateTool.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA location.
- It will open the Welcome screen of the Nokia OST Tool, click on Next button to enter the main screen of Nokia OST Tool.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB Cable.
- Now power off your Nokia phone. Then long press Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when you see the Download Mode screen.
- After connecting the phone, the ‘Edit Phone Information’ button will now visible in Nokia OST Tool. So click on the Edit Phone Information button.
- If you see the error ‘Failed to Reboot to FTM Mode’, ignore it and click on OK.
- Extract the Firmware that you want to flash on your Nokia Firmware.
- In Nokia OST Tool, click on three dots and locate the .nb0 file or .mlf file, you can find it in the extracted Firmware folder.
- Select the desired option in the Update option. And now click on Next to start flashing the Firmware on your Nokia device.
So there you have the full guide on Nokia OST Tool v6.0.4 & v6.2.8. Now you can update/fix/downgrade your Nokia phone by flashing Firmware on your phone. If you have further queries, check out the FAQ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to flash Nokia phones with USB cable?
You can use the Nokia OST Tool to flash Firmware on Nokia Android Phones using a USB Cable. First, open the Nokia OST Tool, then connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable while in Download Mode. Now you can flash your Nokia phone.
How to flash Nokia 5 with the OST tool?
You can flash Nokia 5, Nokia 3, Nokia 2, Nokia 6, Nokia 7, and more with OST Tool. First, download and install the OST Tool LA and then run the tool. Boot your phone into Download Mode and connect to PC. Then browse the Firmware and flash on your Nokia 5 or other phones.
Do I need to enter the Nokia OST tool username & password?
No, you don’t need to enter the Username and Password if you install the patch correctly. So if it asks for a username and password when you run the tool, then uninstall it and again install it by following the mentioned step.
Which Nokia phones are supported by the Nokia OST tool?
The Nokia OST Tool supports all the Nokia Smartphones running on Android 6 Marshmallow or higher. It includes Nokia 1, Nokia 2, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 7, Nokia 8, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2, and all other Nokia Smartphones.
Related to Nokia:
2 thoughts on “Download Nokia OST Tool to Flash Nokia Firmware (All Versions)”
I am using nokia 7.2 and I am unable to unlock bootloader by using this tool.
It is a flash tool and to use it you need a phone with unlocked bootloader. You can take the help of services for unlocking bootloader as Nokia doesn’t allow users to unlock bootloader.