Realme X50 Pro is the first 5G flagship device from Realme and a real competitor for OnePlus and Xiaomi flagship devices. Also, it is the first 5G phone in India. The device comes with all the flagship specifications under a budget price. Realme X50 Pro lets us experience the flagship performance in a budget. When it comes in performance the Realme X50 pro leads the phones within the same price range. You can even get more features on your phone for better performance. Here you will know How to Root Realme X50 Pro and guide on how to unlock bootloader on Realme X50 Pro.
Talking about the specifications of the phone, the Realme X50 Pro comes with the leading design. The devices powered with Snapdragon 865 processor along with 5G support and Adreno 650 GPU. Realme X50 Pro coupled with 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage options. It features a big 6.44-inch AMOLED FHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate. Coming to its camera department the phone has a quad rear camera setup which includes 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP Tele camera, and a 2MP portrait camera. And at the front, it has a dual punch hole camera including a 32MP wide-angle camera, and an 8MP ultra-wide camera. You can also root your Realme X50 Pro but you need to unlock bootloader of Realme X50 Pro. Let’s begin the guide.
How to Root Realme X50 Pro
Realme phones are not as popular as Xiaomi when it comes to custom development. But we can still root the phone and receive some custom development like custom recovery and custom ROMs. There are many reasons to root any Android phones like installing custom fonts, third party themes, custom boot animation and more. Rooting also allows us to easily customize our phones using top Xposed modules on our devices.
Around a few years back rooting an Android phone was much easier. And since Android brings high security, penetrating its security is now tough. But still, there are a few methods that we can use to root Realme X50 Pro. Magisk is the tool that is used for easily rooting Android phones. We can use Magisk in a different way like directly flashing the Magisk zip file through a custom recovery or installing a Magisk patched file. As of now, no custom Recovery is available so we will be using another method. But rooting requires to unlock bootloader on Realme X50 Pro and then only we can root our device.
Realme X50 Pro Unlock Bootloader
No wonder that Realme phones are popular and performance is also up to the mark and these are also available under a budget price. But there are few things that Realme should take care of, as an official Realme flash tool, and allow us to unlock bootloader without any App. It is possible to unlock bootloader on Realme phones but it requires a unlock tool apk that we can get once the company releases it. And for the unlock tool we have to wait for many months. And before rooting we have to unlock bootloader on Realme X50 Pro, so let first check with bootloader guide.
- First take a full backup of Realme X50 Pro as it will delete all data from your phone.
- Download the Realme X50 Pro Unlock Tool APK (if it doesn’t work try this APK) and install it on your phone. Also, install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Update your device to the available latest software version.
- Now open the Unlock Tool on your phone.
- Click on the Start Applying button on the In-depth test page.
- Read the Disclaimer and tick the checkbox. Then click on Submit Application.
- When it is completed, it will show Application Submitted.
- After 1 hour check the App again and it will now show Review Successful with In depth test option.
- Click on the ‘Start the in-depth test’ and your phone will boot into a screen with text “fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a cable. And open CMD or command window on your computer.
- Enter the below command to boot your phone into Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone boot into Fastboot mode enter the below command
fastboot flashing unlock
- After entering the above command you will see two options on your phone. Press the Volume Up button to select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ option.
- Now the bootloader will be unlocked and all data will be removed. Then the phone will automatically boot into the system.
That’s it now you know how to unlock bootloader on Realme X50 Pro. And once it is done you can root your phone using the method given below. Also, make sure to follow the requirements given below.
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Root Realme X50 Pro with Magisk
- Extract the downloaded Realme X50 Pro firmware on your computer and find the boot.img in the extracted folder.
- Copy the boot.img and Magisk Manager APK to your Realme X50 Pro.
- After that install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and in the app click on the Install > Install.
- A will pop up will appear on the screen, so choose “Select and Patch a File”. Then locate and select the boot.img.
- Now the patching process will begin, so wait for the patching to finish.
- After patching the output file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the magisk_patched.img from the download folder to your computer C:\adb and rename it to boot.img.
- Then turn off your phone. And boot Realme X50 Pro into Fastboot mode. Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button together until Fastboot mode appears.
- Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Fastboot mode.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- In the command window enter the below command. The command should return an ID which means the device is connected.
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Realme X50 Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root access on your device.
That’s it, now you have rooted your Realme X50 Pro with Magisk. And after rooting you can enjoy amazing features like block ads, remove system apps and more. As you know Realme also shows ads like Xiaomi on its phones and so rooting will give you the option to remove these ads.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera for Realme X50 Pro [GCam 7.2 APK]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Realme X50 Pro along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Realme X50 Pro. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.