Realme C2 is one of the popular budget Android smartphone with quite impressive performance. But still, there are restrictions that stop you from using the phone with its maximum potential. In this case, you can unlock bootloader on Realme C2 to modify your device as you want. Here you will know How to Root Realme C2 & how to unlock bootloader on Realme C2.
By default, the Realme C2 comes with a locked bootloader, which means you can not root or install custom rom on your phone. But if you are one of those whole likes to try different custom ROMs or want to root your phone, then this guide is for you. First of all, we will guide you to unlock bootloader of Realme C2. And then root guide for Realme C2.
Realme phones are not reliable when it comes to unlocking bootloader, but Realme C2 is a different case. You can easily unlock the bootloader of Realme C2 with the same method that is applicable to other Android phones. It’s the first thing you have to do if you want to root your Realme C2. Below you will know the Realme C2 bootloader unlocking method, so read the guide carefully.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme C2
There are a few essential points that you should know before unlocking the bootloader.
Points to Note:
- Unlocking bootloader will format your device so take a backup
- It can also void the warranty of your phone
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- Make sure you have already created a backup.
- Open Setting on your phone.
- Then go to About Phone section and tap continuously on Version until it returns ‘You are now a developer.’
- Then go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options first, enable USB Debugging and then OEM Unlocking.
- Now install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Connect your Realme C2 with a computer, and if it asks for USB Debugging permission, allow it.
- Open Command window on your computer and enter the below command
- If the above command triggers authorization on your phone, then allow it. After that enter another command to boot Realme C2 into Bootloader Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the Realme C2 reboot to bootloader mode enter the below command to unlock the bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- Now the phone will show two options, go the unlock bootloader option using volume buttons and then select it by pressing the power button.
- It will now unlock your phone, and you can see progress in the command window.
- Once done, Reboot your phone to the system using the below command.
- Now you have the Realme C2 with bootloader unlocked.
After unlocking the bootloader of Realme C2, you are eligible for any modification, including root. If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet, then you can not root your phone. Also, there are always risks in rooting, which can cause problems like bootloop, stuck in logo screen, or lost data. To avoid all these risks, follow the instructions carefully and read the prerequisites.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- The bootloader must be unlocked
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver
- Download vbmeta image file
- Download firmware for your phone (the same version that is installed on your phone)
How to Root Realme C2
Step 1) Extract boot image from the downloaded firmware and copy it to your phone storage.
Step 2) Now patch the boot image from this guide.
Step 3) Copy the patched boot image and vbmeta image to your computer (C:\adb). Also, rename the patched boot image to boot.img.
Step 4) Now, reboot your Realme C2 to bootloader mode (follow steps from the unlock bootloader method up to step 9).
Step 5) After rebooting into bootloader mode, connect your phone to your computer.
Step 6) In C:\adb press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
Step 7) In the Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to flash vbmeta image
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Step 8) Now flash the patched boot image to root Realme C2
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step 9) After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your phone to the system.
Step 10) Now install the Magisk Manager App on your phone.
Step 11) Open the Magisk Manager and follow the in-app instructions.
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Root Realme C2 with a guide to unlocking the bootloader. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section.
Related to Realme: