John Wu, the Magisk developer, has recently released the new version of Magisk and Magisk Manager with new features. The Magisk v20.1 and Magisk Manager v7.4 come with major improvements. Samsung phones are too complicated to root because of dual-layer security along with A/B partition, but with this update, the rooting will be much easier. Here you can Download Magisk 20.1 Zip and Magisk Manager 7.4 APK for Android phones.
All credit goes to the developer of Magisk ‘John Wu’, also known with name topjohnwu. You can follow him on Twitter to get the latest updates related to Magisk. Magisk v20.0 was launched last month with various improvements, and john wu regularly keeps updating the app with new features. You can know more about the Magisk 20.1 and Magisk Manager 7.4 features in the changelog section.
The new Magisk Manager 7.4 also comes with new features such as we can now customize the App name while hiding Magisk Manager. Along with new features, there is also a fix regarding the Fingerprint infinite loop issue. Google Pixel 4 was launched after the release of Magisk v20.0, and this version will easily root the Google Pixel 4. We have already written a guide on how to root Pixel 4 with Magisk Canary build. Check out the latest release changelog.
Magisk v20.1 – Changelog
- [MagiskSU] Support component name agnostic communication (for stub APK)
- [MagiskBoot] Set proper header_size in boot image headers (fix vbmeta error on Samsung devices)
- [MagiskHide] Scan zygote multiple times
- [MagiskInit] Support recovery images without /sbin/recovery binary. This will fix some A/B devices unable to boot to recovery after flashing Magisk
- [General] Move acct to prevent daemon being killed
- [General] Make sure “–remove-modules” will execute uninstall.sh after removal
Magisk Manager v7.4.0 – Changelog
- Hide Magisk Manager with stub APKs on Android 9.0+
- Allow customizing app name when hiding Magisk Manager
- Generate random keys to sign the hidden Magisk Manager to prevent signature detections
- Fix fingerprint UI infinite loop
Download Magisk v20.1 Zip
If you want to root your phone, then every developer and tester will suggest the Magisk tool. It is the best tool to root any Android phone systemless without interfering with the Apps that do not run the Apps on Root like banking apps. You can hide the root access from Magisk Manager for any app to which you don’t want to give root access.
Magisk v20.0 (Previous version)
Download Magisk Manager v7.4.0 APK
If you found any bugs on the previous Magisk Manager 7.3.5, then update to the latest Magisk Manager 7.4. It also comes with new features like hiding Magisk Manager with stub APKs in Android 9 or higher. Magisk Manager is used to manage root access that is given by installing the Magisk. It also provides an interface to add various available Magisk modules for customization. Download the latest Magisk Manager from the below download links.
Magisk Manager v7.4.0
Magisk Manager v7.3.5 (Previous version)
Important: If Magisk and Magisk Manager are already installed on your phone, then you don’t need to download the latest version from here. You can directly use the Magisk Manager App to directly install both Magisk & Magisk Manager.
How to Install Magisk v20.1 on Android Phone
You can install Magisk 20.1 on Android phones with two different methods. First using the Magisk Patched boot image and second with a custom recovery. But here i will show you the custom recovery method to flash Magisk 20.1. Check this guide if you want to know how to install Magisk with the patched boot image.
- Take a full backup of your phone (to restore if anything goes wrong)
- The bootloader must be unlocked on your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- TWRP or any custom recovery should be installed on your phone
Steps to Install Magisk
- Download and copy the Magisk v20.1 zip file to phone storage.
- Completely power off your phone.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP or another Custom Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, click on Install.
- Browse and locate the Magisk v20.1 zip file, then swipe the slider to flash Magisk.
- After installing, go back to TWRP home, and now go to Reboot > System.
- The phone will boot into the system with Magisk 20.1 installed in it.
Now you have the phone with root access. Magisk now lets you efficiently use all the Apps that require root access. You can create full system backups, uninstall pre-installed system apps, and more. Now let’s see the way to install the Magisk Manager app.
How to Install Magisk Manager v7.4.0
In most cases, the Magisk Manager gets install when we install the Magisk. But if not, then follow this guide. It is compulsory to install Magisk Manager to manage and access root features.
- Copy the Magisk Manager v7.4.0 APK on your phone storage.
- Click on the APK, it will ask for permission, so grant it.
- Then wait for the installation process.
- After installation, open the Magisk Manager App and use it.
That’s all you have to do to install Magisk and Magisk Manager on any Android phone. After installing the Magisk, you will have full root access on your phone.
So there you have it the complete guide on download Magisk 20.1 and Magisk Manager 7.4 APK. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comment section.