One of the major and significant updates to the new Pixel 3 is the Camera. The new Google Pixel 3 Camera app is one of the best stock camera app available out there. As most of the smartphones are running on Android Oreo 8.0 & 8.1. So, the developers have started porting Google Camera 6.1 for Oreo from Pixel 3. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo [for every oreo smartphone user].
The new Google Camera features a revamped user interface, night sight mode, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ enhanced mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. And the best thing is, now you can install Google Camera 6.1 on your Android Oreo smartphone. All thanks to BSG, who have ported the Google Camera Mod. So, Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo 8.0 for every smartphone.
Google Camera – Details
Google has enhanced the camera performance on Pixel 3 (XL) with the help of software implementations & artificial intelligence (AI). The smartphone has only a single lens camera, and still, the phone captures impressive shots. One of the best examples is the Night Sight mode feature for low-light photography, which efficiently manages to capture great shots in Night. Basically, the app captures around 15 shots at the time and accordingly create the best shot out of it, by combining the details.
Before Downloading the Gcam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
The Google Camera 6.1 BSG Mod has been tested on most the Android Oreo 8.0/8.1. Some of the supported devices are: Samsung Galaxy J5, J5 Prime, J7, J7 Prime, A7, Xiaomi (Redmi Note 3, Note 4, Note 6 Pro, Note 5 Pro, Poco F1, Mi A1, Mi A2), Huawei (Honor 9N, 8X, Y9), Realme 2 Pro, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, and other smartphones as well. So, the Gcam Mod ported for these phones and you can easily download and install it on your smartphone. Download the app accordingly for your phone:
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo 8.0 (Latest)
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Oreo (Samsung)
- Download MGC 6.1.009 MI8_V2b_plus.apk (For Android Oreo 8.0+)
- Download Gcam 6.1 BSG Mod Full Download Repository
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs. You need to Enable Camera2API for Redmi Note 5/5Pro, Redmi Note 6/6Pro, & Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
If you face any errors in the app like crash or lag, these are the settings we recommend you to change:
- Go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod settings > change Input Model to any.
- Go to More > BSG Mod Settings > Enable G.Photos
- Enable G.Photos
- Enable Disable Zoom in Portrait Mode
- Enable Enhanced HDR+ in Portrait Mode
- Go to More > BSG Mod Settings > Fix > Enable Forcibly enable NS config for 8.1 & Black Level Fron Camera = 16
- Again on Pixel 3 Camera app Settings > Advanced Enable HDR+ Control
The developers are still working on this ported GCam app, to make it more stable and smooth in features like Night Sight. If you find the lags or crash, you can try these settings.
You May Need These Guides:
- How to Update Smartphone from Android Oreo to Pie
- Download TWRP Recovery [Latest]
- Download Magisk ZIP & Magisk Manager APK [Latest]
- Guide on Google Camera: with Features & Use
Download AR Core & AR Stickers
- First, Install AR Core app on your smartphone (Download Link).
- Then, Install AR Stickers app (Download Link).
- Close the Google Camera app.
- Go to settings > apps > Google Camera > Force Stop.
- Now open the app and start using the AR Stickers.
What’s New in the new Google Camera 6.1
- The new UI with Product Sans font
- RAW support
- HDR+ mode
- Night Sight
- Photo Sphere
- Playground (AR Stickers)
- Lens Blur
- Dirty Lens Warning
- 4K Video Recording @30 fps (Depends on the device)
- Auto Focus with object tracking
How to Install Google Camera on Android Oreo
- At first, download the app accordingly for your smartphone (from the links available in the download section)
- Delete the Old Google Camera app (if installed)
- Then, install the google camera APK.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, Capture the beautiful moments of your life with Google Camera 6.1 on your Android Oreo 8.0/8.1.
You May Also Like | 15 Best Nova Launcher Themes for any Smartphone
If you’ve any error, drop a comment down in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.