The Pixel 3 & 3 XL comes with the all-new stock camera app, which is one of the best camera apps in every aspect. As the Motorola aka Moto G series devices are now being upgradable to Android Oreo and Pie. The Google Camera app has updated to the latest version (6.1). And the developers have started porting the Pixel 3 GCam Mod for the phones. So, Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Motorola Devices [for all the Moto phones].
Last Updated on 21/09/2019 @ 08:26 AM IST: Added Google Camera 6.1 for Moto One Power, GCam 6.2 for Moto G6 Plus & G7 Power and listed the best compatible Gcam 6.1 for Motorola Devices.
The new Google Camera 6.1 apk is now available for Moto G5, G5 Plus, Moto G5S, G5S Plus, Moto G6 Plus, Moto One Power, Moto X, and Z. The most anticipated feature of the Google Camera app is the night sight mode and thankfully it works perfectly on the Moto G5 devices. All thanks to San1ty, who have ported the Pixel 3 camera app for Motorola smartphones. So, Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera for Moto G4, G4 Plus, G5, G5 Plus, G5S, Moto G5S Plus, and Moto G6 Plus.
Note: The new Gcam Mod 6.1 from Pixel 3 (XL) is available for the Moto devices, running on Android Oreo or Andorid Pie 9.0. If you’ve not updated to Android Oreo or Pie, then you may also explore about previous updates in our detailed articles.
Google Camera – Features
The software implementations make everything possible and the same in the case with Pixel 3 (XL), which able to capture some amazing shots with only single lens camera. And the Artificial Intelligence (AI) make pictures more realistic. Night Sight is one of the major updates to the Google Camera 6.1 and most of the other Pixel 3 camera features. Like, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more.
Before Downloading the Gcam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Moto G5S Plus, G6 Plus, G4/G4 Plus, G5 Plus, G5 & G5S
All all the Moto G-series phones have received the Android Oreo or Pie update, whether its Pie on Moto G6 Plus, Oreo on G5, G5+, G5S, and G5S+. And the recently released Oreo (Soak Test) OTA for Moto G4/G4 Plus. So, the Gcam Mod ported for these phones and you can easily download and install it on your smartphone.
Download Google Camera 6.1 for Motorola Devices:
- Download Gcam 6.1 Mod for Moto Phones (MGC_6.1.021_Potter_v7.1_san1ty.apk)
- Download GCam 6.1 for Moto Phones (Latest – MGC_6.1.021_V7.1.apk)
- Download Gcam for Moto One Power (MGC_6.1.013_B-S-G-based_v.0.4_TlnNeun.apk) [Updated]
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Moto G6 Plus & Moto G7 Power (MGC_6.2.030_RepoVersion_Bulkin043_V7.1.apk)
- Download Gcam Mod for Moto G6 Plus
- Google Camera 6.1 APK for All Android Phones
- Google Camera: Guide with its Features & Use
- Update Moto G4 & G4 Plus to Android Oreo
If you face any errors like crash or lag, these are the settings we recommend you to change:
- Go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod Settings > FIX > set the Black Level Front Camera to 16 (restart the app)
- For Green Tint FIX in Front Camera Mod, Go to Settings > BSG Mod Settings > Green Tint FIX > Green Tint on Front Camera (restart the app)
- Slow Motion FIX: Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > Disable video slow motion
- Moto One Power: Switch to Front Camera Video Recording FIX, Go to Camera Settings > Both Front & Back > Set the Video Recording Quality to 720p.
The developers are still working on this ported GCam app, to make it more stable and smooth in features like Night Sight. If you find the lags or crash, you can try these settings. However, you can fix this Night Sight issue with Kernel Adiutor which works only if your phone is rooted.
Fix Night Sight Feature with Kernel Adiutor for Moto G5 Plus [Rooted]:
- At first, Install the Gcam (the above-mentioned apps)
- Install Kernel Adiutor from Play Store
- Open the app, Click on Low Memory Killer
- Set the values:
- Foreground Applications – 20MB
- Visible Applications – 40MB
- Secondary Server – 80MB
- Hidden Applications – 100MB
- Content Providers – 178MB
- Empty Applications – 200 MB
- Open app settings, then apply on boot set delay to 5.
- That’s it.
You May Need These Guides:
- Step by Step Guide: How to Root Android Oreo Smartphone [Easily]
- Download TWRP for Motorola Devices
- Download Magisk ZIP & Magisk Manager APK [Latest]
- Guide on Google Camera: with Features & Use
What’s New in the new Google Camera 6.1:
- The new UI with Product Sans font
- RAW support
- HDR+ mode
- Night Sight
- Photo Sphere
- Playground (AR Stickers)
- Lens Blur
- Dirty Lens Warning
- 4K Video Recording @30 fps (Depends on the device)
- Auto Focus with object tracking
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed).
How to Install Google Camera on Motorola Devices
- At first, download the app accordingly for your smartphone (from the links available in the download section)
- Once done, install the google camera APK. (You can also find the downloaded app in file explorer)
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, Capture the beautiful moments of your life with Google Camera with your Moto smartphone.
You May Also Like | 15 Best Nova Launcher Themes for any Smartphone
Still any questions in mind? Let’s take a dig at the FAQ!
What is Google Camera?
Google Camera is a mobile application, which helps you in capturing amazing pictures directly from your smartphone. This is only possible with some software implementations, which uses Artificial Intelligence to make pictures more realistic.
Is Camera2 API is enabled on the Motorola Devices?
Yes, almost every Motorola smartphone comes with the compatibility of the Camera2 API, which lets you allow in installing Google Camera app.
Which is the best compatible GCam for Motorola Devices?
The mod port MGC_6.1.021_Potter_v7.1_san1ty.apk is working completely fine with the Motorola smartphones. It supports all the Pixel 3 Camera app features like Night Sight Mode, PhotoSphere, AR Stickers, Portrait Mode, and other features as well.
Is Google Camera with Night Sight works on the Moto One Power?
Yes, the latest GCam 6.1 port works fine on the Motorola One Power & other Motorola devices.
If you’ve any error, drop a comment down in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.