If you want to use Google Camera ported from Pixel 3 which comes with features like Night Sight, Portrait Mode, RAW Support and many more. Then you have to enable camera2 API on your Phone. Here you will know How to Enable Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro Smartphone. Like every other phone, the Realme 2 Pro comes with Camera2 API as disabled.
Realme 2 Pro is a very popular budget Smartphone. A few days back the big news came from Realme officials that Realme users can now unlock Bootloader of their Realme phones. We have already posted a guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro and How to Root Realme 2 Pro. Let’s understand what is Camera2 API and why you need to enable it to use Manual Camera and Google Camera.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Realme 2 Pro
What is Camera2 API?
Camera2 API is a feature by Google which gives users access to manual camera controls or we can say advance controls. Advance control refers to Manual Focus, Manual White Balance, Manual ISO, Manual Shutter Speed, Night Sight, RAW Support, Portrait Mode etc. So basically if you have a camera with Camera2 API support you can take awesome Photos. But the Smartphone makers do not depend on this API as they provide their own Camera app with different features. So that’s why Camera2 API is disabled on every Android Phone out of the box.
So now you can clearly understand that after enabling Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro you can maximize camera performance.
You can Install Google Camera or Gcam on your phone but when you open the App it will return Google Camera Stopped working. And in some phones, it works but with limited features. So you have to Enable Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro to use Google Camera.
How to Enable Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro
One thing to note that you can enable Camera2 API on both Rooted and Non-rooted phones. But you have to unlock Bootloader of your Phone.
Once you have completed both the steps you can now begin the process. Remember this is a method for Rooted devices.
- In Realme 2 Pro, Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Tap continuously on Version until it returns you are now a developer.
- Go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable USB Debugging.
- Download Platform tools on your Windows PC and extract it.
- Inside the folder press Shift + Right Click on an empty area.
- Click on “Open Command window here” or “Open Powershell window here”.
- Connect Realme 2 Pro to PC via USB.
- Type adb devices on command window and press enter. It will ask for permission on your phone provide the USB debugging access permission.
- Then again enter adb devices on command and if it shows an id then your device is connected successfully and you can follow further steps.
- Enter adb shell in the command window and if your phone asks for permission, grant permission. Otherwise, repeat the step until it asks for permission.
- Now enter following commands one by one
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
- Disconnect the phone and reboot the phone.
- That’s it, you have enabled Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro successfully.
Now download Google Camera app for Android Oreo then install and enjoy the latest Gcam features.
Google Camera vs Stock Camera
Google Camera is a highly optimized Camera from Google which takes the use of full hardware and mixes it with the best software and provides the best quality picture. Google Camera is also a developer’s favorite camera in which you can get many mods. But on the other hand, the Stock camera is limited to some functionality and doesn’t take full advantage of the hardware. And due to this, it fails to provide the best output.
So this is it in Realme 2 Pro Camera 2 API. And if you have any question make sure to ask using the comment section or you can also ask on facebook.
4 thoughts on “How to Enable Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro”
After unrooting and relocking BL of RM2 pro, will Camera2 API get disabled?? In MI it stays enabled.
Yes It will be disabled on relocking bootloader.
can we use this trick this in realme 2
Yes, you can use this guide to enable Camera2 API on Realme 2.