If you are looking for a guide to enable Camera2 API on Zenfone Max Pro M2, then you are the right place. Here you will learn how to enable Camera2 API on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 without Root.
Asus let users enable camera2 API on their phone without unlocking bootloader which is the best thing about Asus smartphones. In other company phones unlocking bootloader is required and that’s not good for OTA updates. So now you can easily use Google Camera or GCam on your phone without root and without unlocking the bootloader.
Without enabling camera2 API you can install Google camera on your phone but you can not use it. When you open the App it will return the Google Camera has stopped working and the app will crash. And to fix it just enable the Camera2 API on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
How to Enable Camera2 API on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
This is the important guide you need to follow if you want to use Google Camera on your phone and get features like Night Sight, Manual Focus, Manual White Balance, Manual ISo, Manual Shutter Speed, RAW Support, HDR+ etc. Google Camera is the best camera app which helps users to use the full camera hardware and provide a realistic output. So let’s start with a method to enable Camera2 API without Root.
Enable Camera2 API on Zenfone Max Pro M2 without Root
Once you have installed the necessary drivers on your PC, you can begin the process.
- On your phone open Settings.
- In settings go to System > About Phone.
- Scroll to last and tap continuously on Build Number until it returns ‘you are now a developer’.
- Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options.
- Look for USB Debugging and enable it.
- Completely turn off your phone. Then press & hold Vol up + Power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect your Zenfone Max Pro M2 to PC via USB.
- Download the Platform tools on PC and extract it.
- Open Platform tools folder, Press Shift + Right Click on the empty area and click on “Open Command window here” or “Open Powershell window here”.
- To check connection enter command:
- If it returns an ID, it means your device is connected
- Now enter the following command one by one
fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
- The last command will reboot the phone. And now the Camera2 API is enabled on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
That’s all you have to do to enable Camera2 API on your phone. Download Manual Camera Compatibility test to check the Camera2 API status. Run the test on the app and if it returns all the green check it means camera2 API is enabled on your phone.
Download Google Camera App and install it on your phone and enjoy taking the best quality pictures.